What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by shawnonious »

givemesomepils wrote:
brandonman wrote:Forgot to get orange juice, and ran out of budweiser, so Seagram's gin on the rocks with a splash of water
ah, maybe seeing this is what subconsciously get tanqueray gin and orange juice. well anyway thats what i just picked up
Good choice. Nothing quite like a gin screwdriver. Or straight gin when you have slammed enough to run out of juice. Hey, it's how I get vitamin c!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

brandonman wrote:Good choice. Nothing quite like a gin screwdriver. Or straight gin when you have slammed enough to run out of juice. Hey, it's how I get vitamin c!
yeah really I really appreciate the reminder for the cocktail, but i think gin with orange juice > vodka with orange juice, it more complex but still fits well.

or really it fits better than.......VODKA AND JUICE

jk i like both like everyone should
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

A Hobgoblin ale, a Santos (lager?) from Tejas, some mysterious dark IPA that claims to taste like chocolate and oranges, but just tastes like stout, and a small box of cheap-o cabernet wine.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

givemesomepils wrote:
brandonman wrote:Good choice. Nothing quite like a gin screwdriver. Or straight gin when you have slammed enough to run out of juice. Hey, it's how I get vitamin c!
yeah really I really appreciate the reminder for the cocktail, but i think gin with orange juice > vodka with orange juice, it more complex but still fits well.

or really it fits better than.......VODKA AND JUICE

jk i like both like everyone should
Skunk recently mentioned that while drinking you piss most of it out before your stomach actually digests it.
Dailing doctor Palinka for verification.

Me tonight? To quote Aerosmith "it`s the same old song and dance"
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

it's a minikeg that works, it doesn't spray beer everywhere, but it fucking works, this is the best thing that has ever happened in the history of take home beer packaging. wow.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Jordo!
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jordo! »

Mr. Viking wrote:Image

it's a minikeg that works, it doesn't spray beer everywhere, but it fucking works, this is the best thing that has ever happened in the history of take home beer packaging. wow.
That is some good shit -- love OSH.
Enjoy it. Destroy it.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Jordo! wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:Image

That is some good shit -- love OSH.
similar to Bass, but it's consistenly not sour, which is probably a good thing. And it's a bit stronger
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Rosé wine from the endless fields where the fighting bulls train, a lot of it.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Oh to have some good Spanish wine.

Larceny bourbon, a really greatwheated bourbon for under $30 by the way, and Sonnet Saison from Southern Tier.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Had budweisers during our sets, then threw back jamesons. $5 got jameson on the rocks, with probably 4 shots worth, after getting paid $75 to have fun playing and free beers? Yes please
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

oh yeah, I have some jim beam double aged bourbon.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Some quite remarkable red from Fronsac: Château Vray Canon. Totally recommend it on basically any meat you can think of.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Palinka wrote:^^^
To explain Mr. Viking's post to non-Brits, I suggest that you watch this wee comedy nugget.
I really tried but the wit was too swift for me and the laugh tracks were running over half the punch lines. I get it these are two cynical Joseph Heller type RAF pilots. But what was Viking's bottle label all about? It's never funny when you got to explain it.
So to make up for that got some of this working.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

bourbon and beer you bunch of sissies
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Lush City wrote:
Palinka wrote:^^^
To explain Mr. Viking's post to non-Brits, I suggest that you watch this wee comedy nugget.
I really tried but the wit was too swift for me and the laugh tracks were running over half the punch lines. I get it these are two cynical Joseph Heller type RAF pilots. But what was Viking's bottle label all about? It's never funny when you got to explain it.
it's the juxtaposition of second world war pilots and their use of modern street speak, in a nutshell