What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Lagavulin 10 year Nick Offerman edition. I'm almost out, but there's nothing else. Bad news came in threes and now my funds are well fucked. Might be time to switch back to cheap vodka and malt liquor.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Having a few Sierra Nevada pale ales. Cheers and happy Friday motherfuckers! Wow what a stupid week that was.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Everything:

Vodka and pink lemonades
Jamaican Rum and Cokes

and shots and Old Forester Straight Rye Whiskey because I'm running out...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:50 pm
Some neat bourbon for me tonight. Sweet relief at last. Cheers!
My favorite way to drink whiskey. I rarely ever see anybody drink it neat. There's one old guy that used to come into my favorite dive bar who drank shots of Wild Turkey and nothing else. He would take it out to the smoking patio and drink alone. I hadn't seen him in a while and when I asked about him, they said he fell out in the street as he was leaving the bar one day and hasn't been back. He was a skinny old man, couldn't have weighed more than a buck twenty. I wonder if the Wild Turkey ate a hole in his stomach.

I haven't decided what I'll drink tonight. Well, I had been planning on drinking wine. But this post has me thinking about that bottle of Kessler in the cabinet...

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:12 pm
scream ale wrote:
My favorite way to drink whiskey. I rarely ever see anybody drink it neat. There's one old guy that used to come into my favorite dive bar who drank shots of Wild Turkey and nothing else. He would take it out to the smoking patio and drink alone. I hadn't seen him in a while and when I asked about him, they said he fell out in the street as he was leaving the bar one day and hasn't been back. He was a skinny old man, couldn't have weighed more than a buck twenty. I wonder if the Wild Turkey ate a hole in his stomach.

I haven't decided what I'll drink tonight. Well, I had been planning on drinking wine. But this post has me thinking about that bottle of Kessler in the cabinet...
Yeah, I think that bottle of Kessler's pretty lonely man. I think you should check on him.

With everything going on in the world, this doesn't feel like a wine-night. It feels like a fiery, clench your fists, grit your teeth at the oncoming tsunami wave night.

This calls for Whiskey!
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:12 pm
scream ale wrote:

Yeah, I think that bottle of Kessler's pretty lonely man. I think you should check on him.

With everything going on in the world, this doesn't feel like a wine-night. It feels like a fiery, clench your fists, grit your teeth at the oncoming tsunami wave night.

This calls for Whiskey!
Yep, and that's what I'ma do. In fact, I just came back from CVS Pharmacy to get another bottle of Kessler to make sure I can get through the night. There was a swarm of people in there stocking up on toilet paper and cleaning products. One person had a shopping cart full of spray bottles. What the fuck is going on out there! When I brought my bottle to the register, the clerk said, "The first person stocking up on something sensible." And he's right - the liquor shelves were fully stocked. And, no kidding, one of my Facebook friends had posted a pic of the liquor aisle at that store she was shopping at and the shelves there were fully stocked, too. Why aren't people stocking up on booze?

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Shut up Huge. I plan to buy up the liquor store tomorrow. Don't tell anyone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Sammy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:11 pm
Shut up Huge. I plan to buy up the liquor store tomorrow. Don't tell anyone.
This was actually my first fear when I heard about people hoarding stuff. I ran right over and got two boxes of wine. It baffles me that people are preparing for lockdowns and quarantines without booze.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

On our weekly shopping trip on wednesday I had our usual 12 pack of vodka in the cart and this woman looked at me: All for sanitizing?
Hell no, we plan on drinking that, was my reply. Vodka at roughly 40 abv doesn`t kill viruses anyway you dumb nut. Don`t even get on some stupid ideas! There`s still rubbing alcohol for fucks sake
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

bottles of Heineken beer...might not be the best beer in the world but it was half price at £6 for a 12 rack. I bought 12 cases just in case I need to self isolate.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 am
bottles of Heineken beer...might not be the best beer in the world but it was half price at £6 for a 12 rack. I bought 12 cases just in case I need to self isolate.
Beer on sale is a must, always.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Russians pronounce it WOOOdka, I pronounce it Lemongrave
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

No more sips of 190 for me, fellow Drunkards! Henceforth, I'm mixing it with morphine and Mountain Dew!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Graham Stephenson
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Graham Stephenson »

Brandy Manhattan with a fantastic Germain-Robin Select Barrel XO Brandy. I was in Mendocino for a long weekend last summer and discovered Gernain-Robin. It was love at first sip. I ended up buying a case to take home. I make one of these every day when I get home from work. Sometimes I even have two. Yes, they are that good!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:17 pm
Old Forester Straight Rye Whiskey. Tried some neat and am now mixing up an old fashion.

It's a good whiskey for an great price. So great in fact that it's always sold out. I finally got a chance to try some and it's not that bad. It's a good value whiskey.

Drinking Old Forester single barrel bourbon. This is as smooth as it gets. Kind of hot at 90pf. but smooth nonetheless.
Boddington's pub ale chaser.
Last edited by Lush City on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.