What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Rye and Coke »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:11 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 am
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:37 am

Heineken.

I'll have a Corona on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th).

I read somewhere that the makers of Corona, Cervecería Modelo in Mexico, invented the "holiday" in the U.S. as a way to market the heck out of their beer. Either way, it's a good excuse to drink a beer. HA!

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. But I do think cinco de Mayo is a real holiday, maybe just not as important to the Mexican people as it is to their Northern looking-for-a-reason-to-get-drunk neighbors.

I'm more so looking forward to St. Patrick's Day. I went to the liquor store and stocked up the bar, didn't get a damn thing Irish-related. Feels like I missed out on an opportunity. I don't like Irish Whisky. (I just don't.) But the beer is good. Maybe I'll get an Irish-style beer. Any suggestions.

Anyone who knows me, knows my taste in alcohol is shit and leans toward the cheap. So if anyone has some good Irish beers I can try out, drop em here.
On Tuesday, when I get off work, I plan on stopping at O'Flahrty's for a Guinness. https://www.oflahertyspub.com/

Aight dude, I get it, but I'm a need you to calm down..
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Graham Stephenson
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Graham Stephenson »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 am

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. But I do think cinco de Mayo is a real holiday, maybe just not as important to the Mexican people as it is to their Northern looking-for-a-reason-to-get-drunk neighbors.

I'm more so looking forward to St. Patrick's Day. I went to the liquor store and stocked up the bar, didn't get a damn thing Irish-related. Feels like I missed out on an opportunity. I don't like Irish Whisky. (I just don't.) But the beer is good. Maybe I'll get an Irish-style beer. Any suggestions.

Anyone who knows me, knows my taste in alcohol is shit and leans toward the cheap. So if anyone has some good Irish beers I can try out, drop em here.
On Tuesday, when I get off work, I plan on stopping at O'Flahrty's for a Guinness. https://www.oflahertyspub.com/

No man, O'Flahrty's isn't too bad. It's a nice place. It has been there a long time and I've been there several times. Last time I was there, Suzette, the bartender, gave me a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Very good stuff. I liked it so much that I bought a case to drink at home. Sometimes, on weekends and holidays, I put some in my coffee. Try it. It's very good!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Graham Stephenson wrote:

No man, O'Flahrty's isn't too bad. It's a nice place. It has been there a long time and I've been there several times. Last time I was there, Suzette, the bartender, gave me a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Very good stuff. I liked it so much that I bought a case to drink at home. Sometimes, on weekends and holidays, I put some in my coffee. Try it. It's very good!
Go get a bottle of Jameson and add it to your coffee mix. It'll change your life. You're welcome!
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:32 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:

Go get a bottle of Jameson and add it to your coffee mix. It'll change your life. You're welcome!
Don`t feed the troll! And especially don`t fill it up with Jameson. You never know what kind of sick asshole pervert is hiding behind these lame ass HIV positive fake slut accounts
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:
Graham Stephenson wrote:

Alright, alright, my bad...I was being a dick.

I'm thankful that Suzette looked out for you. You are a good drunkard, if not a bit ... reserved. I'm not sure if buying a case of Bailey's was the best idea, but it is what it is.

But seriously, I'll try your idea out. Any advice is good advice when your in the land of maniacs.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Bailey's and coffee is delicious, by the way. If you've never tried it, deprive yourself no longer.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Beam. No ice. No water. No fruit juice. No trump. No china virus. Just glorious Bourbon.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I'm drinking to the future. Fuck the news. Fuck the virus and the motherfucker that invented it. Come at me Bro!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Sammy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm drinking to the future. Fuck the news. Fuck the virus and the motherfucker that invented it. Come at me Bro!
Drink at me bro!

Don't have to be at work tomorrow until 1:30, so I picked up a pint of Everclear today at the liquor store, as well as a bottle of Wyoming Whiskey -- I've decided that I'm going to try more craft distillery products. We'll see how long that lasts.

Just going to sesh the Everclear and try to stay plenty hydrated. The WT101 will NOT be mixed in -- gaddamn, it better not.

That's a recipe for dizasta.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

This Everclear is actually kind of sweet and palatable... totally goes against my memories of it. Danger, Will Robinson.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Nausea wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pm
This Everclear is actually kind of sweet and palatable... totally goes against my memories of it. Danger, Will Robinson.
Sesh the Everclear

stealing that phrase. Duuuude

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

mistah willies wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 pm
Sesh the Everclear

stealing that phrase. Duuuude
Everything that I post goes under the most liberal of Creative Commons licensing.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Tall cans of Genny black. Not nearly as exciting but I call it fun. Cheers everyone!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Longbranch, some Dickel Rye, some of The Irishman, several stouts, Panacea and Founders CBS. I should revisit Guinness now that it's made on our shores.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

wasn't meant to be a drinking night tonight but I decided to flex off work tomorrow, not in for a few days after that anyway and by then we might have been sent home. starting off with a few Heinekens and then I may work my way through a couple of bottles of kbs I've had sat at the back of the fridge....bourbon will of course accompany all courses.

Hope you're all good and staying safe an drunk!!
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis