What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by LWTCS »

Tippler wrote:Tippler, the piss artist known elsewhere as Swede
Internet likker geek.

Pass it down please.

Nuthin quite like waking up as fresh as a daisy ,,,,,,,,,,sorta.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

And pass thisun back that a way.

Gossling's bottle,,,,,,,,but I assure you,,,,,,,,,,that ain't Gossling's in the bottle.
Attachments
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG (26.86 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

ADHD
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ADHD »

My man, atta boy Larry....

Good to see a friendly face here. Prost

The Goat
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by The Goat »

Its gonna be a long night at the office. Waiting for my co-workers to leave so I can swing by the store and pick up some Dogfish Head 90min IPAs
"If we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall in to this vice." - Abraham Lincoln in an address to the Washington Temperance Society in 1842

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

VOB highball

elcajon64
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by elcajon64 »

2006 Wrenwood Hillside Syrah. Just wrapping up the last glass before bed. A sixer of Pilsner Urquell and a quart of Highlife prior to that.
"Too much is never enough, and enough is just too much."

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Wild Turkey rye and soda.

I compared WT rye to some Rittenhouse 100. I'm sad to say that the WT really didn't measure up, a very heavy alcohol taste, while the the Rittenhouse tasted rich, woody, and spicy. In fact, Rittenhouse was good enough to drink as shots. This saddens me, as WT is a lot easier to get my hands on. But I'll make sure to stock up on Rittenhouse next time I'm in Chicago or West Virginia.

Anyone have experience with Rittenhouse 80 pf? It's a hell of a lot cheaper but I worry that the flavor might be too watered down.

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

Hopefully not too far off topic Sir.

I have tried a small batch WT and thought it was "good-fair to middlin" I have not tried the Rittenhouse yet but on your recommendation I'm gonna try and source some....

Maybe you could blend back a goodly measure your Rittenhouse to your stock of WT in an effort to get a better service life out of the WT?..............Hope I don't burn in hell for saying that?

I am accumulating more offerings (for the sake of my own edification). But often times find that another's recommendation taste like,,,,,,,shite to me. I find this especially true with a many rums..
For example:I think the Zaya 12 yr old is a sweet,syrupy fucking joke play'd on the public at large. And is only fit to top somebody else's strawberry short cake. So I blended it back with a very bold white rum and damned if it wasn't just what the doctor order'd.....But I'll never buy Zaya again.

Just a thought..Sorry for the drift. I know you fellers like to stay on topic here

The Goat
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by The Goat »

New Belgium's Ranger IPA
"If we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall in to this vice." - Abraham Lincoln in an address to the Washington Temperance Society in 1842

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

John Barleycorn wrote:Anyone have experience with Rittenhouse 80 pf? It's a hell of a lot cheaper but I worry that the flavor might be too watered down.
The R100 is not only higher abv but superior flavour overall. The 40%er i tried recently was poor with a sour off note while the R100 is spot on. By far the tastiest rye for cost IMO is the High West Rendezvous Rye which is simply delicious.

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

Thomas H Handy.

ftw

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

High Life and then some.

gunnar90
Tippler
Tippler

Post by gunnar90 »

Right now I'm drinking a cheap (not that beer is cheap here in Sweden, but relative to others) beer called "Kung" (lit. "King" in English).
As a university student here in Sweden, I often feel like hard liquor (with it's high price) is more for somewhat special times.

I guess this would be an appropriate time to say hello to the board as well (after just glaring through some sections I couldn't find any official presentation thread at least, but if there exist one, please, point me to it).
Hello everybody! This could be a really fun forum I think.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

There is no special forum, however the new guy buys. Ill have a tall glass of Jameson, and welcome to paradise.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

gunnar90
Tippler
Tippler

Post by gunnar90 »

Miklo wrote:There is no special forum, however the new guy buys. Ill have a tall glass of Jameson, and welcome to paradise.
*Slides a tall one across the bar*
Thanks!