What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Ooh a pumpkin ale from Flying Dog. I'll have to track that down, or get my workplace to order some.

Pumpkins FTW.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Nausea wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 pm
Pumpkins FTW.
That needs to be the official slogan of autumn.

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 pm

scream ale wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 pm
^^ That's a tasty pumpkin ale that Flying Dog makes. I usually stick to Smuttynose as far as pumpkin beers go. Hoping to find something new this season. Aside from The Fear that is.
It's a heeeavy damn beer at 9 or 10 percent. But yeah, it's so smooth to me. Every year I wait for it like the goddamn McRib. If you find something comparable please let me know
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:53 pm

^^ I plan to keep my eyes peeled all autumn long. Any and all gems shall be reported.

Sammy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Sammy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:02 pm

So, a friend of mine likes to drink Mike's Harder Lemonade because it's 8% ABV, so I'm at the grocery store and decide to buy a variety pack. I cracked a grape one last night while watching a M.A.S.H rerun and I could swear I was drinking one of Radar's grape neehi's. Shit's evil man. I'm going to mix it with vodka so it's not so damn sweet.

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm

scream ale wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:53 pm
^^ I plan to keep my eyes peeled all autumn long. Any and all gems shall be reported.
Didn't take long. Found a sixer of New Belgium Atomic Pumpkin. It's spiced with cinnamon and habanero chili peppers and actually not half bad. Not big as The Fear this one weighs in at 6.4%.

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm

scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm
scream ale wrote:
Didn't take long. Found a sixer of New Belgium Atomic Pumpkin. It's spiced with cinnamon and habanero chili peppers and actually not half bad. Not big as The Fear this one weighs in at 6.4%.
Sometimes bigger isn't always better. It looks like the flavor is awesome. ..except for the habenero. I tried a beer with those once and it kicked my ass. I'll look for it anyway. Always good to try something new. Cheers
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rye and Coke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:08 pm

As for me, im in a tequila bar, just south of DC, on my second margarita and a shot of Lunazul blanco. They have this great margarita called the Cadillac that melds a classic frozen margarita and a red sangria float. Every time I come here, I have to get one.

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm
scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sometimes bigger isn't always better. It looks like the flavor is awesome. ..except for the habenero. I tried a beer with those once and it kicked my ass. I'll look for it anyway. Always good to try something new. Cheers
I agree, bigger does not always equal better. But big beers are fun sometimes. This is my first beer using habanero and I was a little surprised that I liked it cause I'm not much of a fan of habaneros. But it's a nice change of pace.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:08 pm
sangria float
Isn`t sangria just extra sugary bumwine with fruits added?

That`s what the spainards sell to drunk german tourists on mallorca
I do not remember posting that ^^^

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:13 am

Drinking some sweet Old Forrester single barrel bourbon. It's very rare to find. In my case I bought it from the local mini market up the street. They went to the distillery in KT directly and bought a whole barrel and had them bottle and pack into cases every drop and shipped them all to the store. It's taken more than 4yrs. to sell them all (200 or more cases of 6 fifths ea.) with a few cases remaining today.
Beer chasers of course.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rye and Coke » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:08 am

oettinger wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:08 pm
sangria float
Isn`t sangria just extra sugary bumwine with fruits added?

That`s what the spainards sell to drunk german tourists on mallorca
**Bows head in shame***

yes....

LOL, you know what, I'm not even ashamed. My wife, who never drinks, actually likes sangria, so if that's what it takes to get her on the booze cruise then so be it, haha

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rye and Coke » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 am

Lush City wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:13 am
Drinking some sweet Old Forrester single barrel bourbon. It's very rare to find. In my case I bought it from the local mini market up the street. They went to the distillery in KT directly and bought a whole barrel and had them bottle and pack into cases every drop and shipped them all to the store. It's taken more than 4yrs. to sell them all (200 or more cases of 6 fifths ea.) with a few cases remaining today.
Beer chasers of course.
Christ, that makes my mouth water.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Hamm's, the beer refreshing. Hamm's, the beer refreshing. Hamm's.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Another Tipsy Sailor
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:13 pm

I haven't actually been drinking since I can't because I'm on house arrest (can only go to work, doctor, &ct) and I have a cellular breathalyzer I have to blow into three times a day.
Just over two weeks to go.
So I'm drinking "Get Smart" tea by The Republic of Tea.

... pray for Tipsy
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

You want an existential crisis, go to a bar.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.