What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Post Reply
User avatar
Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 24788
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:16 am
Location: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Savage » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Today I arose from my bed. totally undrunk and ready for my visit the docs day. Paid all the bills, took care of the collect at home medical stuff, checked my purse on my way out

and found my wallet and keys missing.

what?

Proceeded to tear the house apart for several hours. There go my plans, including the nice lunch. Then I receive a package from an ebay seller. A lovely Halloween thing for our first Halloween in the new neighborhood. (Gotta begin to cement our reputation as the King and Queen of Halloween that we had at the old house.)

Broken. Damn.

Then the doorbell clangs. WHAT! sorry, a bit on edge here. A small old lady with frowsy hair (no, not me) asked if I could call her a taxi, as she had to go to an emergency medical place. Thank goodness I had just found my damn phone, since we don't seem to have regular landline service here. I called the number on the card she thrust at me, and as she began giving me detailed instructions on what to tell the taxi dispatcher, I handed her my phone.
She looked startled. "I used to have a phone like this," she said. Hey. Flip phones are small. They fit into my little handbags. They make phone calls if I get stranded. They are way better than the old broken down pay phones.

More bs etc. Too boring Day is ebbing. What am I drinking? Straight Makers from a lovely goblet.
like tears in rain

User avatar
Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 24788
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:16 am
Location: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Savage » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Savage wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Today I arose from my bed. totally undrunk and ready for my visit the docs day. Paid all the bills, took care of the collect at home medical stuff, checked my purse on my way out

and found my wallet and keys missing.

what?

Proceeded to tear the house apart for several hours. There go my plans, including the nice lunch. Then I receive a package from an ebay seller. A lovely Halloween thing for our first Halloween in the new neighborhood. (Gotta begin to cement our reputation as the King and Queen of Halloween that we had at the old house.)

Broken. Damn.

Then the doorbell clangs. WHAT! sorry, a bit on edge here. A small old lady with frowsy hair (no, not me) asked if I could call her a taxi, as she had to go to an emergency medical place. Thank goodness I had just found my damn phone, since we don't seem to have regular landline service here. I called the number on the card she thrust at me, and as she began giving me detailed instructions on what to tell the taxi dispatcher, I handed her my phone.
She looked startled. "I used to have a phone like this," she said. Hey. Flip phones are small. They fit into my little handbags. They make phone calls if I get stranded. They are way better than the old broken down pay phones.

More bs etc. Too boring. Day is ebbing. What am I drinking? Straight Makers from a lovely goblet.
like tears in rain

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:51 pm

and found my wallet and keys missing.

what?

Proceeded to tear the house apart for several hours.
Like when having a taxi picking me up when this happens.

It's like "uh.. I'm searching for my cell,.youll have to wait"

Filling my beak with ice cold light beer
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm

The martini on my shield looks damn good!!

But as quoted from Withnail and I, "Never mix drinks you bloody fool!"

Yet i say, the palate can shift
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:06 pm

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm
The martini on my shield looks damn good!!
The olive looks like an apple.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:11 pm

It's an olive genetically engineered for Drunkard warrior martinis which is only um...
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

User avatar
Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Lush City » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:56 am

Mexican tequila and lager beer. No finer diet I can imagine.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Picked up a World Wide Stout out of Dogfish Head. I'll get to it after this whiskey gets me appropriately bonsai'd.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm

^^^ World wide stout packs a punch. Enjoy! I'm sipping a barley wine and feeling fine. Cheers!
Image

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 pm

scream ale wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm
^^^ World wide stout packs a punch. Enjoy! I'm sipping a barley wine and feeling fine. Cheers!
Cheers to you, my fellow drunkard! Fine is more than fine.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Nausea wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm
^^^ World wide stout packs a punch. Enjoy! I'm sipping a barley wine and feeling fine. Cheers!
Cheers to you, my fellow drunkard! Fine is more than fine.
Had to get that 1000th post in didn't ya!

Filling my beak with cold beer, its National Beer Drinking Day
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:33 pm

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:32 pm
Nausea wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm
^^^ World wide stout packs a punch. Enjoy! I'm sipping a barley wine and feeling fine. Cheers!
Cheers to you, my fellow drunkard! Fine is more than fine.
Had to get that 1000th post in didn't ya!

Filling my beak with cold beer, its National Beer Drinking Day
Oh snap. I didn't even notice. I'm all Jameson'd up now. I approve.

Now, as for the fake ass absinthe in succession, I don't care for.

(We're talking about the stuff under our avatars, in case you're confused.)
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:41 am

I always wondered what the bottle in the middle was.
Image

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:55 pm

One of Victory's shittier double IPAs. The girlfriend picked up a four pack and drank three before she decided it was gross and refused to finish it. Whatever free beer is free beer. Cheers everyone!
Image

User avatar
Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Old Viscosity after some whiskey. Not as heavy as it would seem.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Post Reply