What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Rye and Coke »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:37 am
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:31 am
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:10 am

I'll probably treat myself to a beer when I get home.
Do you have Corona?
Heineken.

I'll have a Corona on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th).

I read somewhere that the makers of Corona, Cervecería Modelo in Mexico, invented the "holiday" in the U.S. as a way to market the heck out of their beer. Either way, it's a good excuse to drink a beer. HA!

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. But I do think cinco de Mayo is a real holiday, maybe just not as important to the Mexican people as it is to their Northern looking-for-a-reason-to-get-drunk neighbors.

I'm more so looking forward to St. Patrick's Day. I went to the liquor store and stocked up the bar, didn't get a damn thing Irish-related. Feels like I missed out on an opportunity. I don't like Irish Whisky. (I just don't.) But the beer is good. Maybe I'll get an Irish-style beer. Any suggestions.

Anyone who knows me, knows my taste in alcohol is shit and leans toward the cheap. So if anyone has some good Irish beers I can try out, drop em here.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

scream ale
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by scream ale »

I don't often go the Irish beer route, especially on st. fatty's. That being said I've always liked Murphy's Irish stout.

Artful Drunktective
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Celebrate St. Pat's for the drinking and drinking only, not for its true origins of driving out the "snakes" and forced upon Christianity. Drink for the persecuted druids.

"Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze".

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Nausea »

Finishing off the bottle of Laphroaig Triple Wood. It's good -- has more spice than other Laphroaig offerings.

But, not as good as the Quarter Cask, IMHO.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Graham Stephenson
Souse
Souse

Post by Graham Stephenson »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 am
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:31 am

Do you have Corona?
Heineken.

I read somewhere that the makers of Corona, Cervecería Modelo in Mexico, invented the "holiday" in the U.S. as a way to market the heck out of their beer. Either way, it's a good excuse to drink a beer. HA!

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. But I do think cinco de Mayo is a real holiday, maybe just not as important to the Mexican people as it is to their Northern looking-for-a-reason-to-get-drunk neighbors.

I'm more so looking forward to St. Patrick's Day. I went to the liquor store and stocked up the bar, didn't get a damn thing Irish-related. Feels like I missed out on an opportunity. I don't like Irish Whisky. (I just don't.) But the beer is good. Maybe I'll get an Irish-style beer. Any suggestions.

Anyone who knows me, knows my taste in alcohol is shit and leans toward the cheap. So if anyone has some good Irish beers I can try out, drop em here.
On Tuesday, when I get off work, I plan on stopping at O'Flahrty's for a Guinness. https://www.oflahertyspub.com/

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:11 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Graham Stephenson wrote:

Heineken.

On Tuesday, when I get off work, I plan on stopping at O'Flahrty's for a Guinness. https://www.oflahertyspub.com/

Aight dude, I get it, but I'm a need you to calm down..
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

Graham Stephenson
Souse
Souse

Post by Graham Stephenson »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:

No man, O'Flahrty's isn't too bad. It's a nice place. It has been there a long time and I've been there several times. Last time I was there, Suzette, the bartender, gave me a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Very good stuff. I liked it so much that I bought a case to drink at home. Sometimes, on weekends and holidays, I put some in my coffee. Try it. It's very good!

Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Dear Booze »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Graham Stephenson wrote:

No man, O'Flahrty's isn't too bad. It's a nice place. It has been there a long time and I've been there several times. Last time I was there, Suzette, the bartender, gave me a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Very good stuff. I liked it so much that I bought a case to drink at home. Sometimes, on weekends and holidays, I put some in my coffee. Try it. It's very good!
Go get a bottle of Jameson and add it to your coffee mix. It'll change your life. You're welcome!
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:32 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:

Go get a bottle of Jameson and add it to your coffee mix. It'll change your life. You're welcome!
Don`t feed the troll! And especially don`t fill it up with Jameson. You never know what kind of sick asshole pervert is hiding behind these lame ass HIV positive fake slut accounts
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:
Graham Stephenson wrote:

Alright, alright, my bad...I was being a dick.

I'm thankful that Suzette looked out for you. You are a good drunkard, if not a bit ... reserved. I'm not sure if buying a case of Bailey's was the best idea, but it is what it is.

But seriously, I'll try your idea out. Any advice is good advice when your in the land of maniacs.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow »

Bailey's and coffee is delicious, by the way. If you've never tried it, deprive yourself no longer.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

Beam. No ice. No water. No fruit juice. No trump. No china virus. Just glorious Bourbon.

Sammy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Sammy »

I'm drinking to the future. Fuck the news. Fuck the virus and the motherfucker that invented it. Come at me Bro!

Nausea

Post by Nausea »

Sammy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm drinking to the future. Fuck the news. Fuck the virus and the motherfucker that invented it. Come at me Bro!
Drink at me bro!

Don't have to be at work tomorrow until 1:30, so I picked up a pint of Everclear today at the liquor store, as well as a bottle of Wyoming Whiskey -- I've decided that I'm going to try more craft distillery products. We'll see how long that lasts.

Just going to sesh the Everclear and try to stay plenty hydrated. The WT101 will NOT be mixed in -- gaddamn, it better not.

That's a recipe for dizasta.

Nausea

Post by Nausea »

This Everclear is actually kind of sweet and palatable... totally goes against my memories of it. Danger, Will Robinson.