Fuck 6AM Work

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Fuck 6AM Work

Post by BigDog49 »

Drinking and loving every second of it. Fuckin 6AM shift.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Fuck 6AM Work

Post by Smatter Noguts »

yup. i'll be there.

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

6:30 am here. Just poured my last drink and I'm going to relish every sip.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Up at 6:30, at work by 8:30 (long fucking commute). Enjoying my first and last beverages of the evening - damn, this coaching hockey is cutting into my drinking time.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:Up at 6:30, at work by 8:30 (long fucking commute). Enjoying my first and last beverages of the evening - damn, this coaching hockey is cutting into my drinking time.
Do what player/coach Reg Dunlap would do
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I get up at 4:45 3 days a week. It sucks, but it also doesn't suck. The trick is to enjoy the morning/hangover as best you can, and still drink the night before/the next morning.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:Up at 6:30, at work by 8:30 (long fucking commute). Enjoying my first and last beverages of the evening - damn, this coaching hockey is cutting into my drinking time.
Nick Brophy (Hyannisport Presidents): I'm not bullshittin' ya. Got stinkin' shitfaced on the bus. Louise left me, and that son of a bitch over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm shitfaced.
Reggie Dunlop: Jeez, I'm really sorry.
Nick Brophy: Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I've outsmarted my schedule. I went to sleep when I got off at 4PM, then I woke up at 1AM. Now I'm drinking BEFORE I go in(I'll be alone for 5 hours). Much more pleasurable.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

I'm at work right now.
(Shoots self in head with imaginary gun)
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

When I worked day shift at a nursing home, I had to get up at 4:00 to be there by 5:30. It completely sucked. I was younger then.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Up at 5 at work by 6, with some bourbon in my coffee should be a good day, half way through the week.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

I have to get up at 5 am for a 6:30 shift on Friday, Saturday, Sunday for 3 weeks every other month. Confusing swing schedule. It SUCKS. I have a job where you really can't be too hungover, lots of quick thinking and technical shit. Sucks so bad. 5 a.m. is just too damn early. I used to get up at 5 all the time when I was a commercial fisherman, but that was different. We'd usually crack our first beers of the day around 9 a.m...
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Rip Rufus wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm
coqui_chris wrote:
Nick Brophy (Hyannisport Presidents): I'm not bullshittin' ya. Got stinkin' shitfaced on the bus. Louise left me, and that son of a bitch over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm shitfaced.
Reggie Dunlop: Jeez, I'm really sorry.
Nick Brophy: Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.
Loved that movie.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Years ago I was a school bus driver, my first route starting at 5:30 AM. I would say to the kids "okay, we're going to stop to get coffee and donuts, but you don't get any." They eventually figured out how to bribe me with money.

On the bright side, I was done by 2:30 in the afternoon, just in time to catch the start of happy hour.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Fuck work in general. Fuck it in the face.