what's the best part of your favorite bar?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jozer
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: what's the best part of your favorite bar?

Post by Jozer »

Call me naive, but doesn't that question sort of answer itself?

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

what's the best part of your favorite bar?

Me..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

StefanoSbronzato
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by StefanoSbronzato »

Heid wrote:terrifying green dude
I'm assuming he scares all the chicks into talking to you?
"There are no ugly women, there is only less vodka"--Russian proverb
Jelmo wrote:Guinnessa dsor brewakafast5. Fucxksa if withre yuour sillyh questionsd
--baby's first drunk post--

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

I gotta say - mine's got it all. It's called Legends and the term can be applied to all the autographed pictures of the sports and Hollywood legends that adorn the walls to some of the staff and patrons as well. The owners are a married couple. She's NUTS, he's the rudder. Go figure. Her temper is legendary. But she's quick to laugh as well. It's very funny to pay her no never mind when she's pissed.

We've got an excellent group of regulars - we drink, we break balls, we just have a damned good time. Spook's been there. He can't believe the way we talk to each other. He's like - "Wait, you guys LIKE each other and talk to each other this way?? Talk like that out by me will get ya a faceful of fist!" I've got to mind my manners when I visit him - they're more genteel out there in farm country. Ballbreakin' out there is a threat, not the art form it is here.

The service is grand, day or night, both on the restaurant side and the bar side. They pay extra attention to those of us regulars who've been there since the doors opened and are also welcoming to newcomers. The bartenders know everybody's drink and you almost never have to ask for a refill. Very often they're standing there waiting for you to finish that last sip already!

And being a restaurant and bar, I get excellent food too. Bonus! 'Cuz we drunkards all know, the more ya eat, the more ya can drink! The chefs are friendly, they come out from the kitchen when they have a break to mingle with us and are more than glad to play when we don't know exactly what we feel like eating. They know each of our preferences and create dishes accordingly. Everybody wins on these occasions - they whip up a dish we end up enjoying very much and they get to play and be creative. Often they'll just take it upon themselves to send appetizers out to the bar.

Good times.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

A big TV in the pisser. And on the smoking patio. And a fully stocked cigar humidor.

Dirty Lou
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Dirty Lou »

Best dive bar around. Open's at 6am. I think I will head there in a few minutes.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pauls-orange
whiskeyprick wrote:
"I'll fuck you like the Milf you wanna be"