who told the middle east not to drink?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: who told the middle east not to drink?

Post by Labatt_50 »

Arak/Raki, the native spirit isn't too bad, basically Ouzo. As far as I know booze is freely avaliable in Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and the west bank. Most of the Muslims I work with or know drink... It's like most Evangelical Prods with booze, or Catholics with birth control. You aren't supposed to, but only the real hardline ones follow the rules.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Labatt_50 wrote:Arak/Raki, the native spirit isn't too bad, basically Ouzo. As far as I know booze is freely avaliable in Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and the west bank. Most of the Muslims I work with or know drink... It's like most Evangelical Prods with booze, or Catholics with birth control. You aren't supposed to, but only the real hardline ones follow the rules.
Don't be a dummy, come on her tummy
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Most Muslims I know are like most Christians and Jews I know; they like a little taste now and again.

Just don't tell God.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I only gambled two ways: Vatican Roulette, and nickel slots. Today, one is passe and the other is slowly dying.
like tears in rain