Wednesday Night Throwdown

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Wednesday Night Throwdown

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:19 am

Side Note: I got my work down and am now trying to convince myself not to visit the 24 hour diner down the street. Hey! I'm perfectly fine where I am....why leave the house.
Meanwhile one month later...
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:34 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:19 am

Side Note: I got my work down and am now trying to convince myself not to visit the 24 hour diner down the street. Hey! I'm perfectly fine where I am....why leave the house.
Meanwhile one month later...
Ahahhahah!

Can't go nowhere! Fuck this shit. Seriously, I'm over this shit.

I want to go somewhere, i want to order something, FUCK!

I drank everything and am now working on this wine I bought my wife. I think I'll have a glass or two, get a late night snack and watch some comedy specials on Netflix, before I go to bed.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

I started drinking late in the afternoon on Weds. I drank slow, so I did not get that oh-so-good feeling until early Thurs morning. Me logging on when the early birds on the East Coast are just waking bums me out. I'm a West Coast insomniac with a penchant for tippling until the breaking dawn. Bah and humbuggery to that. We drink together.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Happy Wednesday! Mine was dumb, how about yours? I'm working on turning my frown upside down with a little Evan Williams while I get dinner together.
Cheers!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

brandonman wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:56 pm
God I hate teleworking. But at least I have a job, and it hides the hangover. Gin and tonics tonight, boys! Seagrams, of course.
That's literally what I tell myself everyday. I'm so lucky to be in the position I'm in, but goddamn am I about to lose it. Maybe I need to move my "office" out of my basement bomb shelter and into my bedroom, because the booze isn't helping the drone of these electrical lights.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 pm
brandonman wrote:
God I hate teleworking. But at least I have a job, and it hides the hangover. Gin and tonics tonight, boys! Seagrams, of course.
That's literally what I tell myself everyday. I'm so lucky to be in the position I'm in, but goddamn am I about to lose it. Maybe I need to move my "office" out of my basement bomb shelter and into my bedroom, because the booze isn't helping the drone of these electrical lights.
I will say... after 5 months of electrical light droning?

booze fuckin' helps.

It's like fuck it. I'm up right now, listening to the Issues with Andy podcast and working.

electric lights

droning & drinking my life clean away

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 pm
brandonman wrote:
Maybe I need to move my "office" out of my basement bomb shelter and into my bedroom, because the booze isn't helping the drone of these electrical lights.
I hate harsh overhead lighting and I refuse to use them. Perhaps some lamps instead for better ambiance and a rug to tie the room together? For not only better work productivity, but also a more cozy place to drink. Cheers!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m down for it
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I'm getting cross eyed. My Sister talked me into getting these prepared meals through Freshly because she gets $40 off and I get $40 off. I will try them tonight. Microwave for 3 minutes. I can just about handle that.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm
I'm getting cross eyed. My Sister talked me into getting these prepared meals through Freshly because she gets $40 off and I get $40 off. I will try them tonight. Microwave for 3 minutes. I can just about handle that.
What type of food is it? Those things tend to be hit or miss.

But yeah, I know how you feel.

I had all these "eat out/attack the bars" plans for my vacation and then realized we were broke until the weekend. At least I'm holed up in my house with my booze, television and microwave.

I bought Jack n Coke a frozen pasta dish. She took one bite, howled at the moon like a mangy werewolf and threw the thing in the sink. I told her we should've ordered from DoorDash.

Whatever whatever, I also bought her 2 bottles of wine and I have my rye, gin and vodka.

Bring on the zombie hordes, for I Am Legend.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm
What type of food is it? Those things tend to be hit or miss.

But yeah, I know how you feel.

I had all these "eat out/attack the bars" plans for my vacation and then realized we were broke until the weekend. At least I'm holed up in my house with my booze, television and microwave.

I bought Jack n Coke a frozen pasta dish. She took one bite, howled at the moon like a mangy werewolf and threw the thing in the sink. I told her we should've ordered from DoorDash.

Whatever whatever, I also bought her 2 bottles of wine and I have my rye, gin and vodka.

Bring on the zombie hordes, for I Am Legend.
I liked the first one, turkey with white bean chili, but I had to eat an entire bag of Sun Chips and an apple to offset the diminutive portions to feel full. So, unless you eat like a girl like my Sister, they're just an expensive snack.

And the packaging is over the top. If you like hording insulating foam and giant frozen gel packs, then this is the shit. They probably spend three times more on the packaging than the food.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

The wife started an Instapot service. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice