Wednesday Night Throwdown

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Wednesday Night Throwdown

Post by Savage »

The smell of gin puts me off. I'm not sure why. Perhaps some sort of otherlife memory?
And tequila smells like cat piss.
That is all.
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Modern Drunkard wrote:Let's get loaded. Not sure about your circumstances on a Wednesday night and I'm not aware of all your cheap excuses, but let's get loaded. Me, I'm already flying high and wide. Torqued up. Let's build an empire of this evening. A vast Angkor Wat of drunkenness. Together. You and I. Us.
Well, this is thursday evening here, but an occasion to drink is an occasion to drink so...
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Savage wrote:The smell of gin puts me off. I'm not sure why. Perhaps some sort of otherlife memory?
And tequila smells like cat piss.
That is all.
I totally agree with that, and this time it's not even to obtain the permission to date your daughter.
What? Even I can be serious and straightforward sometimes.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Modern Drunkard wrote:Let's get loaded. Not sure about your circumstances on a Wednesday night and I'm not aware of all your cheap excuses, but let's get loaded. Me, I'm already flying high and wide. Torqued up. Let's build an empire of this evening. A vast Angkor Wat of drunkenness. Together. You and I. Us.
Well, this is thursday evening here, but an occasion to drink is an occasion to drink so...
Yeah, last night was actually my only night off drinking. Tonight...cheers!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Firstly, my apologise, yesterday I did sport and missed all of this. That said, I am man enough to admit my mistake and man enough to step up to the plate to continue Wednesdays drinking into Thursday. So if you are online tonight, why don;t we see how many days we can keep this thread running as a conversation consequetively.

Pouring a Bombay Saphire martini in respect of the openning pages from yesterday....

Boozi, where are ya!
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Not that far, but even though I am drinking beer right now, I have to work on some lectures as well, so there'll be no island for me tonight. Sorry more than you can think.
I'll have my revenge this week-end in Bordeaux though, as we're having a small former sergeants gathering until Sunday evening.

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

yes, yes, by all means, this wednesday night throwdown should march triumphantly into thursday evening and beyond.

starting with beer, as it's currently 100F outside. eek!

cheers!
For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. [Nietzsche]

"I saw God in drunkard chat last week. He offered me good advice, but I can't remember what it was." --Fabric

<apE>: pint, go fetch me a drink!
<pint>: apE, i only got ralphs brand mouthwash or some red wine.

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Feel your pain Boozi, have an assignment to write myself but just canlt be arsed right now. Join us for a few at least. and apE, good on you man!

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

The throwdown continues, but where are you all?

Slipping into a gin heavy martini now, I do love the taste of good gin. Feeling a rum outburst comingg on though to suit the music I'm listening to

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

Hardcore Stig wrote:The throwdown continues, but where are you all?

Slipping into a gin heavy martini now, I do love the taste of good gin. Feeling a rum outburst comingg on though to suit the music I'm listening to
still going through my beer-- waiting for it to cool down a bit once the storm moves through to switch to bourbon.

what music are [/were] you listening to that makes you crave rum?
For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. [Nietzsche]

"I saw God in drunkard chat last week. He offered me good advice, but I can't remember what it was." --Fabric

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Just a punk selection including some irish punk (Dropkick Murphys and the like) I just feel gin is too delicate for punk, rum has more of a sailor swagger to it.

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

Hardcore Stig wrote: I just feel gin is too delicate for punk, rum has more of a sailor swagger to it.
i heartily concur, friend.

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

This is why I have cracker open, the very unmanly named, Mount Gay Extra Old. Oh and have decided to go drinking in Leeds in a few weeks if anyone is near.

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Oh and have decided to go drinking in Leeds in a few weeks if anyone is near.
that would be fun. i'll hop lily-pads over the atlantic to come drinking .... hah if only...

we are about to get an incredible thunderstorm that i will probably sit on the porch, drink, and enjoy....

cheers! thirsty thursday night throwdowns....

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Boozing to a thunderstorm sounds like a really good way to do your drinking. For me, I'll just sit in god only knows who chose the weather England and enjoy the online company. Although I do wonder where the rest of the folk are.