cheap-ass booze

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

cheap-ass booze

Post by DeeboCools »

I would drink any bottom-shelf filthy liquor or rotgut wine or beer, if that was my only option., like I assume most of your would. But I was wondering what's the cheapest booze you regularly buy and consume? basically do you have any "good picks" from the bottom shelf.

For me, travelers club gin is totally decent. that's like $12.50 a handle here. I was really surprised, I tried it when I was really poor and just kept buying it when I wasn't. I know any gin-aficionado would call is garbage, but for what is is it's fine.

I'd like to find a vodka that's similar, for making white russians. I bought travelers club vodka(trusting the brand) but it smells and tastes just like every other very-cheap vodka to me.

Umm, besides that I drink whatever the cheapest "Ice" beer is at the store. I mean I can tell when I'm having a really good beer. but between mid-price and cheap as shit, any beer will do me.

How about you?
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: cheap-ass booze

Post by treetop »

luksusova or sobieski. preferably the former. good pure polish potato stuff.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I used to buy the big plastic handles of Kamchatka vodka. They were cheap, but that was a long time ago.
These days I usually go with PBR and Ezra Brooks.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I used to buy the big plastic handles of Kamchatka vodka. They were cheap, but that was a long time ago.
These days I usually go with PBR and Ezra Brooks.
PBR and Evan is the way to do it
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Hey I'm drinking Old Grand Dad. I got it on sale from Rite Aid and I can't remember how much it was but you better believe it was a steal. Rite Aid is dangerous.

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Milspec »

Broker's whiskey. $11 a handle- but for some reason i prefer the sophistication of the plastic pints, just tips well and fits right in my pocket.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

I was thinking about cheap booze and I'm thinking it's regional. Like in Tasmania I hear the sell Cascade cheap cause they make it there but on the main land its expensive.

Find what they make near you it may be cheaper???
Why?

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

love the potator.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Phillip's Vodka is not too bad for making mixed drinks. Its extremely cheap but its pretty durn smooth tasting. It has no additives or other crap that other cheap vodkas have in them. Evan Williams and Ezra Brooks are both smooth bourbons that won't break the bank. Whatever you do, don't go for any American Blended Whiskeys. They are whiskey flavored vodkas. Take a look at the label, usually up around the neck or on the back of the bottle it will say "American Whiskey, A Blend - 20% Whiskey, 80% Grain Neutral Spirits" or whatever the ratio is for that particular brand. That's bullshit! For a couple bucks more you can get good, real bourbon with Evan or Ezra.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

Milspec wrote:Broker's whiskey. $11 a handle- but for some reason i prefer the sophistication of the plastic pints, just tips well and fits right in my pocket.
That's the well stuff at my hangout...so I'm with you. A double of that with a PBR back is a very common order for me...so common that it's usually waiting for me when I walk in.
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Don't drink that Broker's shit, kids. That is whiskey flavored vodka. Early Times is like a giant jump up the ladder from that shit, and once you can hang with the times, hit some Ezra and Evan. Christ, real bourbon is like 1 buck more than the horseshit you are drinking.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Veen
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Veen »

For rum and vodka I never really go "cheap," but I won't splurge for top shelf. Polar Ice is my pick right now for cheap/affordable vodka, and I can't remember the last time I bought another rum aside from Sailor Jerry.

If I really want to go all out cheap-ass I hit up a gas station for some Steel Reserve. For some reason PBR just never did it for me.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Gadd damn ezra and coke with 2am messican food..

join me?
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

I think Bartons is pretty cheap around here for vodka, but I haven't bought vodka in quite a while.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

the old crow around here still says it's straight, and not blended. They couldn't lie, or could they? It might just be from the remaining stock-pile since I doubt it sells very well here. Ezra tastes about the same to me, so if I see blended I'll by ezra.

thanks for the vodka suggestions, drinking a white russian(or esspecially black, I imagine) that possesses that "almost but not quite entirely unlike vodka" flavor is a hell of a task. Even though I drank plenty the other night.

oh and as for rum, I honestly can't go below mid-shelf on it. good lord, esspecially if it's clear. bacardi superior is cheap enough and a hell of alot better. As for dark, sailor jerry, cruzans and goslings are all straight. Myers to me tastes like taking deep inhalations from a tire fire, though it's always suggested in cocktails.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James