Ask Savage

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: Aunty Savage's Advice Column

Post by whiskeyprick »

SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 pm
whiskeyprick wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 am
hi
Yep. Are you?
guessing yes
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 am
SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 pm
whiskeyprick wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 am
hi
Yep. Are you?
guessing yes
Absolutely.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Is this advice column "legit"? Or is it one of those rhetorical platforms for the marketing of motivational seminars and self-help literature?

Really, I'm fine either way.

Impish Boozehound
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: On your left shoulder, choking the life out of the teetotaler on your right, with his own halo.

Re: Ask Savage

Post by Impish Boozehound »

Dear savage;

Due to a recent career change I've found the drunkest professional body ever, that being said, my direct boss does not imbibe even under implied threats of severe playground level name calling and such teasing.

My question is: should we stuff her in the retort with a full bottle of fireball? or should we empty it first?

the bottle, not the retort. 1600 degrees is fairly self cleaning after all.
"a wise man drinks with the devil to keep the bastard in line, a fool tries to drink the devil away."

Judge

Post by Judge »

Dear Lady Savage,

At what age does one finally quit getting fucked over by the man? Asking for a "friend" of course. This boulder keeps sliding down the hill and it seems to be getting heavier to push it back up.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Judge wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:24 pm
Dear Lady Savage,

At what age does one finally quit getting fucked over by the man? Asking for a "friend" of course. This boulder keeps sliding down the hill and it seems to be getting heavier to push it back up.
I am not the man, but you are the man that helped me in a time of need. Anything I can do, brother.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Judge wrote:
Dear Lady Savage,

Unless you are the top of the food chain the answer is never. Your best bet is to get out of the path of the food chain.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:09 pm
Judge wrote:
Dear Lady Savage,

Unless you are the top of the food chain the answer is never. Your best bet is to get out of the path of the food chain.

Yes, and learn to compromise. Do not take on debt. Accept the fact that you may not live in the best house in the best neighborhood when you retire, etc. Learn to be opportunistic. Learn to live on the cheap. And always have a bug out bag at the ready in case the SHTF.

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

Judge wrote:
Dear Lady Savage,

First, you must renounce the idea that your life is dictated by external forces such as ''the man'' or any people or things outside of yourself, assume control of your life and happiness even if you have no evidence that this is the proper course of action. You must adopt a foolish positive thinking that will allow you to seek employment that is pleasurable and grants you with the financial independence that will distance you from ''the man'', and as you begin to succeed incrementally the success and your positivity, as well as your belief in yourself, will start to grow.

If you feel that life is like pushing a boulder upwards a hill I would ask you what evidence do you have that anything is wrong? Is the world broken or is it you that is allowing it to feel like it's broken? As you are reading through this comment is there something wrong right now, at this very moment, or are you simply existing and being present yet perhaps allowing negative thoughts and anxiety about the future to dampen your mood?
Just keep livin'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

DharmaBum wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 am
Judge wrote:
Dear Lady Savage,

First, you must renounce the idea that your life is dictated by external forces such as ''the man'' or any people or things outside of yourself, assume control of your life and happiness even if you have no evidence that this is the proper course of action. You must adopt a foolish positive thinking that will allow you to seek employment that is pleasurable and grants you with the financial independence that will distance you from ''the man'', and as you begin to succeed incrementally the success and your positivity, as well as your belief in yourself, will start to grow.

If you feel that life is like pushing a boulder upwards a hill I would ask you what evidence do you have that anything is wrong? Is the world broken or is it you that is allowing it to feel like it's broken? As you are reading through this comment is there something wrong right now, at this very moment, or are you simply existing and being present yet perhaps allowing negative thoughts and anxiety about the future to dampen your mood?
Hey easy there. The Judge is atleast twice your age, he knows his shit. Look up his post history and you`ll find out some about his not so distant past.
Moving accross the country just cause some shit beyond your control happened is never fun.

Back to drinking now.
Drink!

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:47 am
DharmaBum wrote:
Judge wrote:
Dear Lady Savage,

Hey easy there. The Judge is atleast twice your age, he knows his shit. Look up his post history and you`ll find out some about his not so distant past.
Moving accross the country just cause some shit beyond your control happened is never fun.

Back to drinking now.
What the fuck are you going on about? He is twice my age? So what, he asked a question and I gave an honest reply.
Just keep livin'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nothing, I`ll take that back, I just thought...

Well, usually it is reserved for our member Lady Savage to answer any questions in this thread.
She isn`t posting much lately due to various reasons.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. Enjoy your stay on the board, cheers
Drink!

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:12 am
Nothing, I`ll take that back, I just thought...

Well, usually it is reserved for our member Lady Savage to answer any questions in this thread.
She isn`t posting much lately due to various reasons.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. Enjoy your stay on the board, cheers
no prob, probablyt my bad anyway, drink on
Just keep livin'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

DharmaBum wrote:
First, you must renounce the idea that your life is dictated by external forces such as ''the man'' or blah, blah, blah...
C'mon, now. You know that was a long-winded bag of shit response to an issue with which you have passing familiarity at best.

I realize you want to make a big impression and show us all how philosophically evolved you are. But throwing your weight around as a newb and telling people who have been here for years to "fuck off" might not be the best way to do it, grasshopper.

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

Does God wear a hat? :D
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!