The eternal question..

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

5-Star
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The eternal question..

Post by 5-Star »

Should I stay up drinking all night and go to class in the morning?\
History of WWII fucking churchill anc stalin owned those fucking dic ks to the ground, then fdr rolled in and finished the motherfucking job. Baaaam!! fucking canadians saving the shit out of holland british shipping and juno beach.

In conclusion: i went downtown to cash me check; then bought a 60 and a litre of palm bay grapefruit; drank the palm bay on the bus whilst calling up the best weed in the world (fuck you holland we saved your ass). Smoked a little of the kine (no hate on people who are not into that; but it sure livens up the drunk. And here I am; back with a slightly better whisky and drinking it on the rocks.

Love all you 'mericans, curse you for your cheap whiskey, but we drunkards are the true group that transcends the interestss of all others.

Groucho-Marxism who;s with me?

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: The eternal question..

Post by Resident Asshole »

What's a 60?
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Resident Asshole wrote:What's a 60?

60 ounce bottle, you guys call them handles or somthing like that right?

Resident Asshole

Labatt_50 wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:What's a 60?

60 ounce bottle, you guys call them handles or somthing like that right?
Hmm, that's what I figured it meant (and yes, we call them handles, or half-gallons). I just thought that everything up there was measured with the metric system (milliliters or liters).
Bourbon is my blood.

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Resident Asshole wrote:
Hmm, that's what I figured it meant (and yes, we call them handles, or half-gallons). I just thought that everything up there was measured with the metric system (milliliters or liters).
Good point, most things are in metric. I'd guess that the nicknames for bottles predate the switch over to metric, or something like that. Same sort of mixed metric/imperial thing happens with weed (at least in southern Ontario), the measurements seem to go grams, ounces, pounds.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

yes, stay up all night drinking, then go to class.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Resident Asshole

Labatt_50 wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:
Good point, most things are in metric. I'd guess that the nicknames for bottles predate the switch over to metric, or something like that. Same sort of mixed metric/imperial thing happens with weed (at least in southern Ontario), the measurements seem to go grams, ounces, pounds.
Actually I think even here they are measured in liters. Our handles went from being half a gallon to being 1.75 liters, which sucks because that is only equal to 0.462 gallons, so we are getting screwed out of some booze.
Bourbon is my blood.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Take a flask and keep on drinking in class.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Balls to going to class! Drink all night and all day tomorrow. College degrees won't help you get a job in this economic climate anyway so you may as well save your time and (beer) money!

Only joking - stay in school kids...

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Go to class. Drink all night and go to class, then when class it out, drink all day. That's what I did, and look at me now! Nah, but seriously, don't squander your college days, ring each and every hour like a fresh lime. You will someday be 30, like me, and wish you did even more, both scholastically and recreationallly...... well no, I don't wish I had partied more, else I would not be writing this right now. I pushed it as far as it would go. Anyway, drink, go to class, you will get a different take on your classes when your perception is altered. It helped me, I know that! I think I was drunk my entire senior year, and as the work got more focused the better my grades got. (I think having a super hot Ivy league girlfriend at the time helped this, as I kind of adapted to her rigorous drinking/studying schedule.)
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I would advise you to drink lots and screw school, but then again, I believe I am the U.S. poster girl for "The Horrible Example Of How You Could End Up"
like tears in rain

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

if you are drunk while you are studying then you must get drunk in class or during testing. your brain must be in the same state as when you studdied. so drink up but save some for the morning.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I guess i'm fortunate. My classes begin tonight at 6pm. So, I woke up at 10am, reopened the wine, opened another, and got down to writing. Perrrrfect.

Reckon i'll still manage a Guinness or two before the class starts if I reach the place in time. Then a few pints and whiskies afterwards.