the hiding of the booze.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

the hiding of the booze.

Post by l... »

whether it be a flask, or a purse beer to be hidden and drank in some random bathroom....tis a good thing. i'm not talking about a bar, i'm talking about the general public. satchels are nice. :) tomorrow i go to rib cook off, (or today, depending on how you think of it), and will definitely be bringing a carry on.

p.s. i wish i still had a camera to take pics of said ribs. and did i mention a flask?
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: the hiding of the booze.

Post by Riddeford »

I like flasks but that's usually for drinking in the subway on the way to a bar, club, part, etc. I never tried drinking at work in an office type job. I"l love to try but I'm afraid I'd like it too much and "overindulge"
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Milspec »

Im a flask carrier too, something I picked up from all the old movies I use to watch with my ma as a kid probably. I've found that a raw pint drawn in public will illicit glares, but a snort from a silver flask with its old world charm inspires almost wimsey from lookers on.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

Milspec wrote:Im a flask carrier too, something I picked up from all the old movies I use to watch with my ma as a kid probably. I've found that a raw pint drawn in public will illicit glares, but a snort from a silver flask with its old world charm inspires almost wimsey from lookers on.
Well said! I like seeing people walking down the street drinking beer, wine, etc. But some reason when I see someone swig out of a flask in a park or wherever, I smile and nod and think "The real McCoy"
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

zimne_piwo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by zimne_piwo »

It depends on what you're going for. If I'm just incognito I roll with a Klean Kanteen and the Sports 2.0 cap. It just looks like a water bottle, and I've found the smell doesn't get out through the cap. If I'm out walking the neighborhood, I have a case of glass flasks that are throwaways. I buy a case once a year or so for about $25 and rarely take one out to throw away.

I have a couple of fast food joint plastic cups and a box of straws for the same purpose. They fit nicely in the drink holder in my car (I don't drink and drive, this is just to get somewhere) and are amazingly inconspicuous at train stops and such. The Baja Fresh cups with the lid and the straw with a plastic straw cap are the best. You can fit a tallboy in the cup, pop the can, and slide the straw right down into the mouth of the can. Budweiser/Clamato cans... oh, sweet ambrosia.

In high school, some of my fellow students used to put vodka in a Scope bottle and use green or blue food coloring to try to match the color. I think they would have been better off using aftershave bottles or cologne bottles, but who am I to judge.

You got your watered down Vodka in a ziploc bag, frozen to ice, smuggled on to a plane in a sammich cooler.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The problem is, flasks are too small. I'm not sure, but I think Ogger posted something about a giant flask, quite a while back?
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

What about a camel bag filled to the max? Worst case scenario, people will think you're a hunchback. But you'd be a happy hunchback.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

[quote="zimne_piwo"]The Baja Fresh cups with the lid and the straw with a plastic straw cap are the best. You can fit a tallboy in the cup, pop the can, and slide the straw right down into the mouth of the can. Budweiser/Clamato cans... oh, sweet ambrosia.quote]

ill have to give that one a try!

i usuly just use my stainless steel coffee mug, i throw some ice in it and fill with evan. either that or my flask. when i go to the fair or other events i usually bring my flask then ask for a cup of ice at one of the booths. fill it with bourbon and none is the wiser.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Rabies
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rabies »

Savage Bloody Savage wrote:The problem is, flasks are too small. I'm not sure, but I think Ogger posted something about a giant flask, quite a while back?
I'll be first to admit i'm a double flasker one for the the walk to the bar and one for the walk home
There's a game called drinking, it's a lot like solitaire

Look poor, act crazy, and carry a gun. -Faint-Hearted

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

I like flasks (especally for long car trips) and even bought engraved ones for my groomsmen. The only reason i see that they are not quite as popular because you can get 20 oz sodas and make 1/2 and 1/2 coctails that look just like soda. much more "acceptiable" in appearnaces for the drys.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

I'm just sipping from my--heh, heh--bottle of Poland Spring.

An airplane bottle rides well in a cargo pocket, I've found.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

BBoozer wrote:What about a camel bag filled to the max? Worst case scenario, people will think you're a hunchback. But you'd be a happy hunchback.
Or you could hang it off your ass, like a joy-filled fanny pack, and all the guys would think, "Baby got back!"
like tears in rain

Jelmo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jelmo »

Miklo wrote:...i usuly just use my stainless steel coffee mug, i throw some ice in it and fill with evan..
Never thought of to be honest. Giving that one a try. I Myself have a real flask which I use but I also have that last year's thing: The Boozeberry. Doesn't carry much but still nerdy cool. Somehow.
"Don't give a damn how this turns out
Drain bottles just to scream and shout
On the run from reality
Poison helps me and go flee"

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Half-pint in my back pocket.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Drunkenstein44 wrote:Half-pint in my back pocket.
Thigh high stockings make lovely hiding places for a flask, if you're a girl. (or a special kind of boy.)
like tears in rain