I kinda miss being unemployed

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I kinda miss being unemployed

Post by greygoose »

drinking all day, not changing clothes for 2 weeks straight.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: I kinda miss being unemployed

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I'm employed and I still don't change clothes for 2 weeks straight
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

greygoose wrote:drinking all day with frequent power naps, loosing my glasses every 10 minutes or so, not changing clothes for 2 weeks straight.
There, it's all fixed.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

I don't miss being unemployed, but I miss being on worker's compensation!!! 3 months of doctor ordered sloth. That was pure joy.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I don't mind being unemployed. Working on the house, mowing the lawn, shit like that.

But I don't see any Drinking money coming around the bend for a while.

Might have to pawn a dingo or two.

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

I don't know......If I was unemployed, I'd go crazy bored - drinking or not. For me, one of the great pleasures is coming home after a hard days work and cracking open my first drink. Sitting on my porch with some bourbon and cold beer (even after I gave most of my day "to the man") is what keeps me going sometimes. That's my porch and my pours, and most importantly, my time. My time to drink and relax and nobody can take that away from me. If I didn't work and just sat on my porch all day drinking, I think it would lose some of it's appeal. I'd take it for granted for sure. I feel good after an honest day's work. I feel like I accomplished something meaningful and I like to reward myself afterwards. Sure, taking a weekday off every now and then is nice, but I'd go bat-shit crazy if I didn't work.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I'm unemployed every night I don't have a music gig. Like last night, tonight and tomorrow night. Nothing to do but "drink up and be someone."
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

It's ok if you know you can hop back on the job wagon quickly...before someone catches on and it's time to renovate the house.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts