THE MOTHERLAND

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: THE MOTHERLAND

Post by Surreal »

Thirsty - I don't know what your travel plans are or if you'll hit the MM Distillery, but there may be a detour/road construction issues.

From the MM Ambassador's Blog -

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you're planning on visiting the Maker's Mark Distillery next week. Monday, October 4th the entrance bridge coming into the Toll House will be temporarily closed for work. And then on Friday, October 8th, a new and improved, wider bridge will be open and ready for business! No worries, you can still make it out to visit your barrels and the ladies dipping the bottles, you'll just need to take the next entrance.

Detour Driving Directions for Arriving to Maker’s Mark

Upon arriving to Maker’s Mark on HWY 52 continue past Burks Spring Road to Raley Road. Turn LEFT onto Raley Road and continue until road ends at Burks Spring Road. Turn LEFT onto Burks Spring Road and follow road over bridge, once over the bridge turn LEFT up the road following the signs for tours and shipping.

Any questions call 270-865-2881.

Detour Driving Directions for Departing Maker’s Mark

To depart Maker’s Mark turn LEFT at the stop sign in front of the Toll Gate Café. Follow Burks Spring Road past the Clubhouse (green house on the hill) and continue to the bottom of the hill, then turn RIGHT on Burks Spring Road. Continue on Burks Spring Road approx ½ mile, turn RIGHT on Raley Road. Follow Raley Road to HWY 52.

Cars and Visitor Traffic turn RIGHT onto Hwy 52 to Loretto.
Trailers, RV’s turn LEFT onto HWY 52, continue on HWY 52 and turn RIGHT onto 49 into Loretto, LEFT onto 52.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hell yes I'm hittin the Maker's distillery. Thanks Surreal, useful info although it looks as though they may have the bridge fixed by the time I get there.
I'm gonna see if they'll let me dip my head in the wax. or at least my BALLS.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Hell yes I'm hittin the Maker's distillery. Thanks Surreal, useful info although it looks as though they may have the bridge fixed by the time I get there.
I wil never forgive you.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:Hell yes I'm hittin the Maker's distillery. Thanks Surreal, useful info although it looks as though they may have the bridge fixed by the time I get there.
I wil never forgive you.
Awwww. What's wrong - you wanted to give Thirsty his first wax?
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I KNOW you didn't just gay up my Bourbon trail thread........

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Help me pick my bourbon flight at The Chapeze House (scroll down to see the different flights):

http://www.kentuckyshomeforbourbon.com/ ... sting.html

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I keep on thinking about that Still Game episode.

"FILTERED THROUGH THE HEATHER!!!"

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Help me pick my bourbon flight at The Chapeze House (scroll down to see the different flights):

Not to cast infusions, but "Chapeze House" sounds just a wee bit French for my bourbon sensibilities.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Scary Screwball wrote:I keep on thinking about that Still Game episode.

"FILTERED THROUGH THE HEATHER!!!"
HAHA excellent! That's how Stumblingdoug and I are gonna be. Hopefully we can find a barrel that gives free refills of my flask.
"OOOH, CLARK GABLE!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Drunkenstein44 wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:Help me pick my bourbon flight at The Chapeze House (scroll down to see the different flights):

Not to cast infusions, but "Chapeze House" sounds just a wee bit French for my bourbon sensibilities.
But don't you understand, this man is THE BOURBON MASTER! I must drink with him.
Then maybe one day I'll get the chance to drink with Ivan, our own bourbon master.

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

Ha!, I saw that episode of Thirsty Traveler. TD, I fear that as soon as you grabbed a bottle of $50 hooch by the neck, an dumped it down yours, the good Colonel Michael would be sent running for his life, so fast that his hat, and Cocktail umbrella would spin.

But have fun, Brotha!

stumblingdoug
Souse
Souse

Post by stumblingdoug »

im goin with ya.keep ya honest...hope we dont end up in jail BEFORE were broke cause i only have money for bourbon and they can have my ass after.ill be needin some food and rest..Daniel Boone you mutherfuker...you can bet were havin some drink..

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yeah, I need Stumblingdoug with me on any trip south of the Ohio river. He speaks the language

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Doug and Thirsty on the road and I'm still there in France doing nothing of interest. I'm a sissy, a big fat sissy.

Guys, I'll be with you in thoughts, and now I'm going to my room to cry a river or two.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Didn't realize the distilleries were so close to each other.

As far as which flight, I like:

Willett Estate:
$ 30
Kentucky Vintage 90
Willett Pot Still
Rowan's Creek
Vintage 94, 17 year
Pure Kentucky XO

Just because some of those are new to me, and it's good to expand the bourbon horizons. There's no bad choice though.

Have fun TD, but please try to leave some for the rest of us.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski