What's your latest bottle opened?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: What's your latest bottle opened?

Post by John Barleycorn »

The Frederick wrote: It's rubbish, but since I'm helping the girl I have a crush on buy a dress to impress her goddamn date, it'll have to do.
You deserve better than drinking swill to help a girl impress some other guy.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

John Barleycorn wrote:You deserve better than drinking swill to help a girl impress some other guy.
I'm really, really doing my best to not give a shit any more. I'm trying to get to Al Bundy-level apathy. Just like... my life is terrible, nobody likes me, nothing I do matters, I don't care. But damn it's hard to get that miserable.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The Frederick wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:You deserve better than drinking swill to help a girl impress some other guy.
I'm really, really doing my best to not give a shit any more. I'm trying to get to Al Bundy-level apathy. Just like... my life is terrible, nobody likes me, nothing I do matters, I don't care. But damn it's hard to get that miserable.
Don't let the BS get you down too much, Fredrick. Have one on on me, pal.

**clink**
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Thanks mate. I guess I just gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and then black myself out all over again. :)

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

The Frederick wrote:Crown Lager. It's rubbish, but since I'm helping the girl I have a crush on buy a dress to impress her goddamn date, it'll have to do.
Wow wow wow, wait a minute here: you are helping a girl you have a crush on getting shagged by some other dude. This is useless self inflicted pain dude, and expect absolutely no genuine gratitude from her: she is going to label your for ever as "nice loser addicted to my company", you can be sure about that.
Some educative document: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Mr Boozificator wrote:Wow wow wow, wait a minute here: you are helping a girl you have a crush on getting shagged by some other dude. This is useless self inflicted pain dude, and expect absolutely no genuine gratitude from her: she is going to label your for ever as "nice loser addicted to my company", you can be sure about that.
To be fair, all she said was that she needed help buying a dress. She didn't tell me it was for a date until we were at the mall.

I'm trying not to be too bothered about it. I never had a chance with her anyway. I'm well and truly in the friend zone. And if it wasn't for her social anxiety, she'd be an alpha cheerleader type and she'd never even give me a look.

Besides, women just aren't interested in me. Why worry about something I can't change?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

The Frederick wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote:Wow wow wow, wait a minute here: you are helping a girl you have a crush on getting shagged by some other dude. This is useless self inflicted pain dude, and expect absolutely no genuine gratitude from her: she is going to label your for ever as "nice loser addicted to my company", you can be sure about that.
To be fair, all she said was that she needed help buying a dress. She didn't tell me it was for a date until we were at the mall.

I'm trying not to be too bothered about it. I never had a chance with her anyway. I'm well and truly in the friend zone. And if it wasn't for her social anxiety, she'd be an alpha cheerleader type and she'd never even give me a look.

Besides, women just aren't interested in me. Why worry about something I can't change?
I honestly think it is not how it works: all physical aspects put aside (after all we are all pretty much average), the way women look at you depends mostly on the image you project. Self confidence=attractiveness most of the time (some women like lost puppies, but not that many), now women also take more time than we do to decide wether you'd be suitable for mating or not, which is why it's cool if you can progressively build your image by doing things you'll enjoy. When you do things you like, you look positive and confident which means you also look more attractive.
Now all this said, look at me, I am fucking single and probably have no idea about all this shit, so let's grab a drink instead and forget all that bullcrap about women.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I need that drink too, I just fucked my neck up royal.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Mr Boozificator wrote:(after all we are all pretty much average).
speak for yourself.
Mr Boozificator wrote:now women also take more time than we do to decide wether you'd be suitable for mating or not.
not sure this is true.
Mr Boozificator wrote:let's grab a drink.
now you're fucking talking. let's do this. i feel a lost weekend coming on....
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

I might just be a simple caveman, but I do know one thing. I'd be happier having good drinks and not being loved by her, than having bad drinks and watching her love someone else.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

John Barleycorn wrote:I might just be a simple caveman, but I do know one thing. I'd be happier having good drinks and not being loved by her, than having bad drinks and watching her love someone else.
The asian beer lover here speaks true.
Wingman's point of view is different of course, but it's because he defines himself as a "260 pounds sexier rapist".

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Mr Boozificator wrote: Wingman's point of view is different of course, but it's because he defines himself as a "260 pounds sexier rapist".
i deny most of this.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Jozer
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jozer »

[quote="John Barleycorn"]Opened two new bottles today Glenmorangie 10 and Talisker 10. I really like both of them.[/quote]

Sir I salute a gentlean of taste & discernment.

Jozer
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jozer »

[quote="Jozer"][quote="John Barleycorn"]Opened two new bottles today Glenmorangie 10 and Talisker 10. I really like both of them.[/quote]

Sir I salute a gentleman of taste & discernment.
Edit. jozer now on the g&t's

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Litre of Glenfarclas 105
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best