Get Yer Facts Straight

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Get Yer Facts Straight

Post by BigDog49 »

5-Star
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Get Yer Facts Straight

Post by 5-Star »

Binge drinking is clinically and commonly viewed as a period of extended intoxication lasting at least several days during which time the binger drops out of usual life activities. Few university students engage in such bingeing behavior.
I can confirm that this; in fact, a lie.

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Haha the only real reason I liked this was because of the whole " beer belly" myth.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

This site is great. I had found it before but hadn't seen it in a while. I was curious if this was compiled by a smart person or a lone drunk(same thing really). Here's the dude: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_J._Hanson

Thing is, I believed the bad hype about alcohol until I was 20. I mean, when I went to parties everyone acted amazingly retarded(strangely, my friends and this board don't do that[usually]) , and I just thought it was pure poison for the body/brain. After reading that moderate drinking was better for your brain and heart than abstaining in a few different places, I got drunk with some friends on my 20th birthday.

The rest is history. Or current events I guess. I can't imagine my life without drinking. Bleak. I salute this guys work and anyone else who sticks up for the truth about alcohol. It helps more than it hurts and it saves more than it kills.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

This needs to be brought up again. Cheers.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice