"Has MDM Failed?"

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Re: "Has MDM Failed?"

Post by Judge »

Bob Young wrote:MDM has transformed me in to a mature drunkard.
Instead of a classless clown.
Your recent posts deny that statement.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I saw the posts that Frank hasn't published in a while. That's a shame, he's done some top-shelf work. If anyone wants to ply me with enough supply to get a ripper on I can write up a storm.

Not sure anyone outside this board would give a rat's ass, but it'd be funny as hell. It's been years, I need to fall off the wagon onto my face. And when I get paid for it I can be all in-your-face to the missus. :)
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

fdoosey wrote:I saw the posts that Frank hasn't published in a while. That's a shame, he's done some top-shelf work. If anyone wants to ply me with enough supply to get a ripper on I can write up a storm.

Not sure anyone outside this board would give a rat's ass, but it'd be funny as hell. It's been years, I need to fall off the wagon onto my face. And when I get paid for it I can be all in-your-face to the missus. :)
And you are?
Be safe everyone.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

MethFront wrote:
fdoosey wrote:I saw the posts that Frank hasn't published in a while. That's a shame, he's done some top-shelf work. If anyone wants to ply me with enough supply to get a ripper on I can write up a storm.

And you are?
Funny, J, funny...Hell, maybe we should dig Walt out of his grave sometime and have a Red Bank reunion.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

sauced_in_to
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by sauced_in_to »

In no way has MDM failed, It succeeds becuase a guy from Canada can discover the board and the articles and decide, "No, I'm not odd, I'm normal, I'm one of many." It's shown me that a dive bar is a great and beautiful place. That I survived my 7 day bender, is only because of the board, especially after my first 4-5 day bender. It gave me the juice to start drinking like a man. No more rum and cokes (well sometimes), but damn the rum is sweeter whilst drunk neat, and the Scotch is divine! I salute you all brave drunks who went before! I stand upon your shoulders and look to the future, and my god, it is lush with booze!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Frank Sinatra

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

i can't believe i've been on this board for almost 7 years. through moves, different jobs, different boyfriends....
i heart mdm.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

All I want to know is, when do I get my gold watch?
like tears in rain

Captain Tim
Souse
Souse

Post by Captain Tim »

Never lose hope in MDM. The articles, old as they are, still inspire a new generation of drinkers. Thanks to this site and the posts on this forum, I have become a beacon of blurry light in my group of drinking buddies. I once let this site drift away...and finally I see that that was a mistake. I've learned a great deal from this site and all of you lovely alcohol-enthusiasts. Although I haven't been able to bond with you all, I intend to try...

And for the cherry on top, hearing a college bar shouting "Let us break out of our s-o-b-e-r shells and soar like drunken eagles!" brings a tear to my eye.

Thank you.

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by wired »

I didn't find a place for to introduce myself and buy the inaugural round for the house. If you're reading this, treat yourself to a Maker's on the rocks. My treat.

I hope that MDM hasn't failed. I first found the magazine about six months ago and then found this board later on. I've showed it to many of my like minded friends so even if the articles are old, the magazine continues to draw an audience.

It's so great to know that so many others enjoy the drinking lifestyle and continue to celebrate our liberty through continued inebriation. Cheers.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

MDM can't fail; I'm here and success follows me everywhere. In fact, I've often had to shoo it away when it starts buzzing around my head in swarms.

Oh...hey...welcome, wired!

Post your introduction in The Pub and get ready to take drink orders and have people spill things on you.

But while you're here, gimme a Bloody Caesar...that's right, the one with with CLAMATO juice.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Nothing can fail which has an eternal spirit. Long live MDM.

Captain Tim
Souse
Souse

Post by Captain Tim »

BigDog49 wrote:Nothing can fail which has an eternal spirit. Long live MDM.
Or an eternal supply of spirits.

thermon
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by thermon »

MDM informed me that there are others out there like me... parents are both 12 steppers but my grandparents were drunks in the highest standard... too bad they're both gone before the internet... oh well its up to me to carry on the drunkard legacy of the family.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

thermon wrote:MDM informed me that there are others out there like me... parents are both 12 steppers but my grandparents were drunks in the highest standard... too bad they're both gone before the internet... oh well its up to me to carry on the drunkard legacy of the family.
Parents don't hardly drink. Mom's parents loved the bourbon (grandaddy) and the red wine (mia). Sometimes these things skip a generation. Which would explain my wispy blonde hairs, when my eldest has gorgeous, thick, red tresses.
like tears in rain

Mongeaux
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Mongeaux »

This forum has withered since I was here last. Question is: what will invigorate it?