Functionality

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Functionality

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Well lah dee dah

pissfaces
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

gthevinoslinger
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by gthevinoslinger »

good to see that i posted last night. most functional blackout ever. sent through an order, took the trash out, straightened up the house. when you don't remember doing things around the house, it's like having servants.
Look at ME! I'm Shakespeare!

"...popped up, into foul territory and out of play. Oh, that ball landed right in a lady's Busch."
-Mike Shannon

I sell Mad Dog, yes I do.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

gthevinoslinger wrote:good to see that i posted last night. most functional blackout ever. sent through an order, took the trash out, straightened up the house. when you don't remember doing things around the house, it's like having servants.
So you're saying your drunk ass does housework? My lazy drunk bitch strews papers everywhere and wakes to a bunch of dirty dishes, half-full glasses, and damnit, the music is turned down but not off, which burns electricity, as she certainly knows, because an old man TELLS HER! AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS! AND WHY ARE ALL THE GODDAMN LIGHTS ON?! (Money may be made from trees, but it does not grow on them.)
like tears in rain

gthevinoslinger

Post by gthevinoslinger »

Savage New Year! wrote: So you're saying your drunk ass does housework?

I'm not saying it's common, but it did happen that time at least. usually, it's more like "let's make sure there are no cured pork products left in the house by morning" for my drunk ass, which is, i suppose, a form of cleaning.
Look at ME! I'm Shakespeare!

"...popped up, into foul territory and out of play. Oh, that ball landed right in a lady's Busch."
-Mike Shannon

I sell Mad Dog, yes I do.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I've found that black outs are good for doing tedious stuff, because you'll just keep doing whatever you were doing when you blacked out. So, you have to start whatever you mean to do and drink excessively at the same time.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

You can also die from qutting benzodiazepines. The withdrawal symptoms are essentially the same because they act on the CNS in the same fashion, activating GABA receptors. (Gamma something something acid) GABA is a neurotransmittor that is like a natural anti-anxiety chemical by relaxing muscles, lowering heart rate, blood pressure, decreasing brain activity, and irritation.

Benzo abusers are somewhat like alcoholics but benzo's are much more dangerous as a relatively small dose can cause incredibly dangerous behaviour and complete amnesia. An addict can take up to 12-20 mg per dose, sometimes even higher. This amount would likely kill any normal person through fatal respiratory depression. Withdrawal causes a lot of bad shit, but its the siezures and convulsions that are generally fatal.

Amphetamines were marketed in the 50's and early 60's to bored house wives to help them perform their "wifely responsibilities," and yes I mean all of the "responsibilities." It was also handy for losing a few dozen pounds.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

drunkensooner wrote:You can also die from qutting benzodiazepines. The withdrawal symptoms are essentially the same because they act on the CNS in the same fashion, activating GABA receptors. (Gamma something something acid) GABA is a neurotransmittor that is like a natural anti-anxiety chemical by relaxing muscles, lowering heart rate, blood pressure, decreasing brain activity, and irritation.

Benzo abusers are somewhat like alcoholics but benzo's are much more dangerous as a relatively small dose can cause incredibly dangerous behaviour and complete amnesia. An addict can take up to 12-20 mg per dose, sometimes even higher. This amount would likely kill any normal person through fatal respiratory depression. Withdrawal causes a lot of bad shit, but its the siezures and convulsions that are generally fatal.

Amphetamines were marketed in the 50's and early 60's to bored house wives to help them perform their "wifely responsibilities," and yes I mean all of the "responsibilities." It was also handy for losing a few dozen pounds.
You go on a bit about benzos, but what's with the amphetamines?
Benzos and amphetamines are two entirely different drugs.

p.s.
Benzos can also be a life saver when going through alcohol withdrawal.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

NYDingbat wrote:Of course you're functional! You managed to marry the fun one!
Dingbat's called it, when it come down to the good judgement , you showed you had it.

Remember functional is a compliment, it can't possibly be taken badly.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I'm a functional retread
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

I don't go to meetings.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

All the people in my life know to call me a drunkard or a lush, those terms are much cuter.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Remember, kids, if drinking stops being fun, stop it.
Until then, carry on.
like tears in rain

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Me, I'm a fucktional alcoholic. As long as I can give the redhead a good time in the sack after a good drink all's well. And she never complained about that.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

BBoozer wrote:Me, I'm a fucktional alcoholic. As long as I can give the redhead a good time in the sack after a good drink all's well. And she never complained about that.

does wingman know you are getting his wife in the sack?
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Bluespook wrote:
BBoozer wrote:Me, I'm a fucktional alcoholic. As long as I can give the redhead a good time in the sack after a good drink all's well. And she never complained about that.

does wingman know you are getting his wife in the sack?
he clearly said "the redhead," not "The Redhead." he also said, "she never complained," so we know for sure it's not my wife.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk