beer and roller coasters?!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

beer and roller coasters?!

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Who knew?! Six Flags in Vallejo has Fat Tire on draught! YUM!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: beer and roller coasters?!

Post by JimLahey »

Sounds like a great time... hmmm, maybe not for the other passengers.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Seriously? Fat Tire is terrible swill.. I should have introduced you to better beers in Denver..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

Wait... what?!? You're in "the neighborhood"?!? (not my neighborhood - more like Judge's... but Northern CA... and that's close enough)
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

you must add corndogs to the mix. i think that is the carny holy trinity.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

fiyah wrote:Seriously? Fat Tire is terrible swill..
Awful stuff it is.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

i dont think fat tire is particularly awful, but it does in no way live up to the hype. i got one in a mix and match sixer at food city a few months back. i'm glad i tried it that way, because i would have been pissed if i'd paid the almost $9 a six pack for it. just a very unimpressive beer, in my opinion.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Beer and bumper cars at Oktoberfest was fun.

I like Fat Tire. At $12 per 12 pack, it's a reasonable semi-upscale beer. But I don't keep beer around much anymore because I like liquor better.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

The Mrs. and I went to Busch Gardens on Sunday. Hadn't been on a rollercoaster since I was 14, but they were just as fun as I remember. Legend has it you used to be able to get free "samples" at Busch Gardens before they were purchased by the Bond-villain-front InBev, but now it's $6 for pint of Bud. But it's really something like $6.22 with tax, and you can't tell 'em to keep it since they can't take tips. So then you're going on rides with a pocketfull of coins to rain down on the plebes. Silly system, says I.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:The Mrs. and I went to Busch Gardens on Sunday. Hadn't been on a rollercoaster since I was 14, but they were just as fun as I remember. Legend has it you used to be able to get free "samples" at Busch Gardens before they were purchased by the Bond-villain-front InBev, but now it's $6 for pint of Bud. But it's really something like $6.22 with tax, and you can't tell 'em to keep it since they can't take tips. So then you're going on rides with a pocketfull of coins to rain down on the plebes. Silly system, says I.
i can confirm you used to get free beer. they don't do that anymore? fuck 'em, then.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I don't pay for tickets to Six Flags. I just take a couple wrong turns in Vallejo and get more adventure than I could ever want.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Wingman wrote:
Jiggers McCoy wrote:The Mrs. and I went to Busch Gardens on Sunday. Hadn't been on a rollercoaster since I was 14, but they were just as fun as I remember. Legend has it you used to be able to get free "samples" at Busch Gardens before they were purchased by the Bond-villain-front InBev, but now it's $6 for pint of Bud. But it's really something like $6.22 with tax, and you can't tell 'em to keep it since they can't take tips. So then you're going on rides with a pocketfull of coins to rain down on the plebes. Silly system, says I.
i can confirm you used to get free beer. they don't do that anymore? fuck 'em, then.
Free beer in what quantity?

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

John Barleycorn wrote: Free beer in what quantity?
you stood in line, not too bad the day we were there, maybe 10-15 minutes, got a 12-oz. cup, iirc. one beer per person. that same bartender would cut you off after two, but there were like 8 bartenders, and shift change. not epic, but a nice surprise nonetheless.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

treetop wrote:you must add corndogs to the mix. i think that is the carny holy trinity.
you know it! With lots of mustard! Fat Tire isn't so bad.... better than Coors or Bud.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Now, which one of you is a ride operator there? Come on, on, confess.
like tears in rain