so, unemployed again

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: so, unemployed again

Post by Wingman »

bump for all the good avice and to know the status.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

i was unemployed for two months in '08. i loved every minute of it.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

well, still out of work. i need a full release from a doctor before the temp agency will put me back to work, but i don't have any money to go to a doctor. need to come up with $500 or the power will be off by next friday and we'll be on the street by the followin monday. all this and not even a drink to drown my sorrows. ain't it grand?
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

hossthomas wrote:well, still out of work. i need a full release from a doctor before the temp agency will put me back to work, but i don't have any money to go to a doctor. need to come up with $500 or the power will be off by next friday and we'll be on the street by the followin monday. all this and not even a drink to drown my sorrows. ain't it grand?
SERIOUSLY sorry to hear this, hoss. Can anyone in your family help you out?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

hossthomas wrote:i didn't just walk off the job, my supervisor was well aware that i've been limpin around for 2 weeks. i told him i was leavin to go to the hospital and he said ok. i got out of the emergency room on my new crutches,called to inform work and was told they had already "released me". fuckin bullshit, but nothin i can do about it. i'll have to try to survive and keep the lights on while i heal up and then get another job.
Those fuckers are trying to wiggle out of a workman's comp claim. Do what Judge said.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

peetie44 wrote:
hossthomas wrote:well, still out of work. i need a full release from a doctor before the temp agency will put me back to work, but i don't have any money to go to a doctor. need to come up with $500 or the power will be off by next friday and we'll be on the street by the followin monday. all this and not even a drink to drown my sorrows. ain't it grand?
SERIOUSLY sorry to hear this, hoss. Can anyone in your family help you out?
thanks peetie. no, i've got nobody to help, all my family that i have anything to do with are in nearly as bad shape as me. we're pretty much fucked, nowhere to go. on top of it all, we're gonna have to get rid of our three cats, cuz i don't think they'll allow them in a shelter and it'd be cramped with them in my car. fuck. somebody poor me a shot.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Is there another temp agency in your area? Around here we have at least 3, perhaps you can get a quick job through a different one?
Sorry to hear about the streak of bad luck.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
JimLahey wrote:DeeboCools is right, that's really fucked up. You might be able to get some money out of this.

I mean, the schedule sounds like absolute hell. If you broke your foot the hospital can vouch for you. They have no right to fire someone for being hurt and going to a hospital.
All incidents, injuries, or accidents must be reported to your employer prior to leaving your place of employment. You cannot just walk off the job, go to the hospital, then claim work related injury.
Judgement for the defendant. Next case.
Yes, let us take our legal advice from a dweeb who posts a shirtless picture of himself on a message board for drunkards. Pay him no heed, gentle custodian! Take your broken foot to your HR dept. and if they stonewall you from worker's comp, make subtle hints that the hours you were working are illegal in this country (unless you were being paid overtime) and sprinkle in overtones of lawyers and lawsuits.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Aloysius82 wrote:
Yes, let us take our legal advice from a dweeb who posts a shirtless picture of himself on a message board for drunkards. Pay him no heed, gentle custodian! Take your broken foot to your HR dept. and if they stonewall you from worker's comp, make subtle hints that the hours you were working are illegal in this country (unless you were being paid overtime) and sprinkle in overtones of lawyers and lawsuits.
HEY!!

That fucktard might not own any shirts, smells like elderberries, and is King of the Dweebs but he is correct. You HAVE to report any injury to your bosses before you leave the worksite. Believe me I know. I got one crooked ass middle finger that I had to pay for myself because I did the same thing.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Aloysius82 wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
JimLahey wrote:DeeboCools is right, that's really fucked up. You might be able to get some money out of this.

I mean, the schedule sounds like absolute hell. If you broke your foot the hospital can vouch for you. They have no right to fire someone for being hurt and going to a hospital.
All incidents, injuries, or accidents must be reported to your employer prior to leaving your place of employment. You cannot just walk off the job, go to the hospital, then claim work related injury.
Judgement for the defendant. Next case.
See I hadn't seen that post, now it makes a world of difference. Thirsty said the right thing, he is my friend and you can now apologize or decide to be my enemy.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Aloysius82 wrote: Yes, let us take our legal advice from a dweeb who posts a shirtless picture of himself on a message board for drunkards. Pay him no heed, gentle custodian! Take your broken foot to your HR dept. and if they stonewall you from worker's comp, make subtle hints that the hours you were working are illegal in this country (unless you were being paid overtime) and sprinkle in overtones of lawyers and lawsuits.
Oh yeah? Well if you don't stop looking at me like that I am claiming sexual harassment. Stop trying to see my nipples.
I thought anyone after 2010 with numbers in their name was banned anyway.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Aloysius82 wrote: Yes, let us take our legal advice from a dweeb who posts a shirtless picture of himself on a message board for drunkards. Pay him no heed, gentle custodian! Take your broken foot to your HR dept. and if they stonewall you from worker's comp, make subtle hints that the hours you were working are illegal in this country (unless you were being paid overtime) and sprinkle in overtones of lawyers and lawsuits.
Oh yeah? Well if you don't stop looking at me like that I am claiming sexual harassment. Stop trying to see my nipples.
I thought anyone after 2010 with numbers in their name was banned anyway.
Apologies, folks, I may have jumped the gun (as is my wont), and it looks like I was in the wrong (again, as is my wont). Now, let's all toss one back and toast the 4th of July, the birth of our Union!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I'm not wrestling him coach, he's got a boner!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

mcphargus
Souse
Souse

Post by mcphargus »

Good luck Hoss, and at the very least make your temp agency aware of this tomfoolery. Thirsty et al are right about the whole 90-day employment probation deal, though methinks that depends on the state. I ain't sure how Tennessee treats this stuff, but I'm inclined to assume its a right to work/hire/fire state, much like VA and FL.

You're temp agency needs to understand the situation and they can lean in for you/determine whether its in their best interest and the best interest of those they represent (you) to continue providing workers for organizations like the one that fired you for being hurt instead of commending you for working so long with an injury.

Per getting a doctor's note, certain walk-in clinics/ER's will be happy to provide notes/diagnosis and then bill you later if you don't have insurance, but be careful about paying it as quickly as possible, because it's pretty much the best way to kill your credit score.

I had a situation last year where a walkin clinic wouldn't see me due to liability associated with the injury, had to go to an ER. 3 visits and 10k later I was all patched up, and about a year's worth of credit patching has fixed most of the mistake. Made the decision then to never let me insurance lapse again, even if it means $100/mo. for a private me-only policy.

Hope the flesh hasnt rotted off this horse, as I'm just noticing it was first posted 2 months ago. Good luck, brah.
Do what you want with the girl, but leave the monkey alone.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Yes, chances are that he can rightfully be fired if his state allows for probationary periods.

The workman's comp. is an entirely separate issue. However, I doubt he injured it at work since he hasn't stated such, and also if he had injured it at work he should have gotten it looked at immediately, otherwise I don't know that he has a leg to stand on (pun not intended).

Sorry about your luck man, that really sucks.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619