It's Friday, drunks.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: It's Friday, drunks.

Post by Rye and Coke »

Rooster wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:21 pm
Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:26 am
Rooster wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:29 pm

I have a child and I am about to graduate from college. I'm almost an adult.
Like a stripper who is hanging up her thong, you had to give up rocking the banana hammock.

Congrats on the kid and your upcoming graduation.
I will never give up my the banana hammock.

Nor should you! Sometimes you have to put it all on Front Street and show 'em what you're working with.

Good morning Friday drunks!

"Booze, now more than ever!"
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Alright, screw it. It's closing time some where.

These are the benefits of working from home.

Vodka and Pineapple Mango. ... I'm feeling tropical.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Friday at last. Just a few more hours then I get to crack open a fresh bottle of rye.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

That was fast. How convenient
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: It's 'Good Friday', drunks.

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm done for the day and am about to make my first Old Fashioned. I don't know who wants to lose a weekend with me, but let's do the damn thing this brutally lonely Easter weekend.

Winston: Hey, Ray. Do you believe in God?
Ray: Never met him.

Neither have I, but I've been introduced to his son and I know what he drank.

What Wine Would Jesus Drink?
https://vinepair.com/wine-geekly/what-w ... sus-drink/

Apparently, for his day, Jesus drank the hard stuff:
Because of no filtration, biblical wine was probably not smooth but a bit harsh from constant exposure to the organic material that we usually filter out today. The added must would increase the alcohol level a bit and extract an extra layer of tannin, making it a bit rough around the edges. But because of the must added, the residual sugar levels would be higher, which would add juicy roundness to the harshness. Red wine would probably be very dark in color, which is probably why in the Bible, Jesus uses it as a symbol for his blood.
For my money, Jesus was a drunkard. Why wouldn't he be?
He was a blue collar working son of a teenage mom. He was always bros over hoes, choosing to hang around his crew only. Plus, he lived in a world where he knew he would inevitably be arrested and thrown in jail over some shit he didn't do, all because he and his boys were consistently being harassed by the cops.

That'd drink any sane man to drink.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Jesus was a homeless guy running around babbling about being the son of god. He got a bunch of guys to follow him around and believe it. It was on this day that Peter, the biggest oaf of the group, tried to slice the head off an attacker but only cut his ear. Jesus told him to just settle down and healed the dude's ear with a touch of the hand.

Just poured the first glass of wine on this rainy day. It's been raining steadily since last night. The news stations are posting pics of all the flooded roads, but they could just pull them from stock photos as it's always the same spots that flood every time it rains.

Hopefully it will rain hard enough to hear the drops on the vent cap over the kitchen roof. Man, I love that sound.

There's nothing better than getting drunk on a rainy Friday night.

Last night there was a bum seated on the sidewalk right by the liquor store door. The owner was trying to get him to leave, but he refused. One of the bums who is a liquor store regular came by to assist, but the bum on the sidewalk refused to get up. He just kept repeating, over and over, in the most whiny pathetic voice you could imagine, "BUY ME A BEER! BUY ME A BEER!" It was pouring rain during all this. What a perfect scene.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

I have failed on getting a good drunk on. I think I miss the atmosphere of the bar. I suggested role play to C. She, the surly barmaid. I, the lowlife drunkard.

I really need to take it up a notch. This lackluster behavior is embarrassing.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I miss bars. So I had to make do with a poorly stocked, fantasy of being at one.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:05 pm
I miss bars. So I had to make do with a poorly stocked, fantasy of being at one.
That's a great set-up there my friend. The bartender looks like she's about to 86 you tho', might want to chill with drunken, off color jokes about minorities, the disabled and midgets.

By the way, have you heard the one about the blind, black midget who walked in a bar...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nice bar, I`ll have a emm Bacardi maybe, yeah that sounds about right
Drink!

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:46 am
Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
That's a great set-up there my friend. The bartender looks like she's about to 86 you tho', might want to chill with drunken, off color jokes about minorities, the disabled and midgets.

By the way, have you heard the one about the blind, black midget who walked in a bar...
Those are the only jokes that Louie knows.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Rye and Coke wrote:
Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:

Please tell me the punch line involves him ordering a Tall White Russian.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:11 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:

Please tell me the punch line involves him ordering a Tall White Russian.
Combine: A dirty black martini
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm technically still drunk from Thursday, so cheers!

You know what I was thinking? There have to be some speakeasys out there. Someone's GOTTA be skirting the law, opening their bar and serving booze on the low. Or maybe it's some dude in his basement, with a backdoor that only opens when you know the special knock.

Someone's gotta be making money off of this.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:16 am
I'm technically still drunk from Thursday, so cheers!

You know what I was thinking? There have to be some speak-easys out there. Someone's GOTTA be skirting the law, opening their bar and serving booze on the low. Or maybe it's some dude in his basement, with a backdoor that only opens when you know the special knock.

Someone's gotta be making money off of this.
Doubtless there simply MUST be.
At first, simply to empty the open kegs and bleed those lines properly.

But also, well just like this place. DRINK! enjoys company. I swear, I keep seeing folks walk up to The Pour House next door and wait outside for a second, then they disappear inside. Their cars must be parked elsewhere. Nobody walks in Bangor. They snowshoe.