I hope none of you work in the health insurance field

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I hope none of you work in the health insurance field

Post by Savage »

Because if you do, I think I must hate you. For months now, my life has been swallowed up, disarranged, and consumed by phone calls, letters, general jerkings-around, and so forth. Today, I got a notification that $6,157.40 (I love the forty cents bit, don't you?) worth of medicine was disallowed. This, a month after said medicine was injected. Well! Good thing I won the lottery a while back, isn't it? (No, Mom, I didn't. That was a bitter joke.) And in five days, I go in for another chemo inject. As I told Grumpy, they can sue us for payment, but they'll have to go to the back of the line. I'm going to keep getting this miracle medicine for as long as I can. It's the only thing that has ever helped--practically cured, as far as that can go.

There's just one other problem. The Doc has me on some once-a-week pills. Said pills are very liver-damaging, so I mustn't drink. But given the stress of the rest of the mess, I do. Drink, that is. So my liver might explode at any moment. Or not. It's quite strong, and might take umbrage at being denied its favorite beverage. Balance, balance. Got to keep one's life in balance.
like tears in rain

Judge

Re: I hope none of you work in the health insurance field

Post by Judge »

I'm a healthcare provider, I bill for something and insurance tells me "no, we'll pay you this." And they often throw in a "and you have to accept this as payment in full" and I can't collect the balance from the patient. So, it all depends. Also many insurance companies have programs for financial assistance. Most people won't qualify for it though. I do believe there are a few ins. reps on this board. I'd advise them to tread carefully.

Get well Diane, those grandkids need someone to tell them when their parents are being asshats. That's a life I know well. If you can't drink in quantity, go with quality. As in 100proof.

The preceding is not meant to provide any financial or medical advice and should not be construed as such. Please consult with your medical or financial professional before entering any agreement or sending any cash.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Yeah, yer honor, and that's another thing. Health professionals (we used to call 'em docs) not only don't get paid, but they get told that, despite their years of education and practice, they don't know squat about what to prescribe, and of course, the pencil pushers (keyboard pounders) do. And my meds co. has an aid program. That very specifically (sp?) excludes those of us on the federal %&*@~#! plan.
like tears in rain

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

Savage- so sad to hear you're sickly. truly sad. A dear teacher I've had the luck, pleasure, honor, etc. to work with has been diagnosed with advanced cancer earlier this summer, and I'm just devastated, but she is a strong woman and facing it courageously. You are too Savage! I'll be thinking of you too, and ask you to take care of yourself above all else. I'm with the Judge - quality over quantity. Michele
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Get well Savage. And here's to the day that the insurers end up in the mass grave they belong in when the revolution comes.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Please get well soon, Ms Savage!

**clink**
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

keep your access to the medicine you deserve and ignore what they've all the sudden decided you "owe." You can tell the co-pay mafia and the banksters to eat hot death
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

John Barleycorn wrote:Get well Savage. And here's to the day that the insurers end up in the mass grave they belong in when the revolution comes.
This.
Get well soon Savage, I wish you the best.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Get well, sweetie.

Post more, too; it's turning into Trotksytown around here with the new politicians.