Guilty Pleasures

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Captain Tim
Souse
Souse

Guilty Pleasures

Post by Captain Tim »

Since we all friends here (and it is currently 4AM here), I figured I should start up a thread that should provoke some deep and insightful discussion.

Or drunken ramblings...whatever. Anywho, let's get the point...

For some people, it is tough to maintain an image of a "respected drinker" among their peers. I have seen many a time where a gentleman (or lady) will accept a double shot with true fear in their eyes, as if their entire reputation is staked on how well they can take this shot. There are men out their who state their preferences as a "whiskey with a whiskey chaser and make it a double" to impress the guys, when in reality they are craving a fruity drink or wine cooler. That got me thinking...

What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to drinking? Something you would rarely (if ever) order in front of your friends. Something that you may buy at a liquor store where you would be avoiding the judging eyes of the cashier and making up a story about a fake girlfriend who wants you to get her something (and that bastard cashier isn't believing it, either).

Although I do fine with rum or whiskey with coke any day, I personally like a Banana Margarita from time to time.

So let's hear it, ladies and gentledrunks!

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Post by John Barleycorn »

4loko

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Sometimes I like Rum Runners or other fruity tiki drinks, but I only order them at tiki bars or on the beach.

My father-in-law makes pretty good Cosmos. Nice and translucent, not the thick kool aid you'd get at an Applebee's or whatever.

Also, some of the crazy-flavor vodkas are actually ok, either as shots or in a cocktail with club soda. Definitely would never buy a whole bottle, though, even if no one was looking.

Perhaps my greatest shame was the Summer of Miller Chill (their lime-flavored offering). Truly I was a fool, but I really liked it at the time.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I'm here for the liquor...I go alcohol large.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

rumpleminze and hot damn! cinnamon schnapps 100 proof. Even though they're both sickly sweet, their 100 proof so I'm still a man, right?
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Yeah I've drank rumplminze.

I always say you can't argue with 100 proof booze. Or you shouldn't, anyway.

John Barleycorn

DeeboCools wrote:rumpleminze and hot damn! cinnamon schnapps 100 proof. Even though they're both sickly sweet, their 100 proof so I'm still a man, right?
Substitute 100 pf peppermint schnapps for vodka in your White Russians and Black Russians. Good shit.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Sometimes, at parties, I steal drinks that belong or belonged to other people.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Tiki drinks, with the little pink umbrella. But my latest umbrellas are white, with black skull and crossbones. Halloween is almost here, boys and girls. Have you bought your candy yet?
like tears in rain

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Vodka and cranberry juice. Tastes delicious but man does it ever look girly.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

JimLahey wrote:Vodka and cranberry juice. Tastes delicious but man does it ever look girly.
yea it is good, i have drank them in public, but have not yet nor will i ever order one in a bar.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Bubble gum vodka
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

water
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

John Barleycorn

DeeboCools wrote:water
I've never felt guilty about water. You need to load up on that so that you can drink well.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Sometimes I like Rum Runners or other fruity tiki drinks, but I only order them at tiki bars or on the beach.
There is no shame in a Tiki drink at a tiki bar. It's location appropriate.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson