When was your last day without any drinks?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: When was your last day without any drinks?

Post by DeeboCools »

Sometime august 2010. I was trying to do the 'month undrunk, just to prove i can.' I drank tons of pepsi for 3 weeks and decided i'd proved enough already. That first drunk i threw on after that was out of this world. That's the only reason to quit
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I really can't remember. Probably somewhere in the nineties, when my ex-wife decided I drank too much and had to prove my love by being dry for a whole day. BITCH!! Thank god for redheads (although she tried to pull that trick on me too, but when my redhead is drinking cava and tells me to stop drinking, I don't really take her seriously).

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

John Barleycorn wrote:
NYDingbat wrote: I didn't even drink then. (Wised up 3 weeks into undergrad.)
You must have been kicking yourself. Underage drinking is a delight that is really special.
You Americans (love you guys, anyways) and your 'underage drinking'. Here in Belgium, we are allowed to drink in pubs at the age of 16. And that is when I started. During lunch breaks at school I went to the nearest pub and had a few, every day. That was way back in 1981. And I am still drinking.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

good question. no idea. probably this calendar year, sometime. i'm sure it sucked. like most people, i tend to forget bad experiences, though.

and then there's today, but the day is young, yet.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

BBoozer wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:
You must have been kicking yourself. Underage drinking is a delight that is really special.
You Americans (love you guys, anyways) and your 'underage drinking'. Here in Belgium, we are allowed to drink in pubs at the age of 16. And that is when I started. During lunch breaks at school I went to the nearest pub and had a few, every day. That was way back in 1981. And I am still drinking.
I started underage drinking at 14. I always imagined that even in Europe where the drinking age is lower there would be people under 16 who wanted to drink anyway. There's just something wonderful about getting drunk in violation of the law. It was such a blast.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Jesus, my wife showed up.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Sometime last year? Maybe? Could be longer, I really couldnt say.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

NYDingbat wrote:That bacon is almost gorgeous! Turn it and burn it. I like my bacon so it can pound a 10 penny nail into a 2x4.
You're doing it all wrong. Right when it gets foamy on top you've got to turn it over for no more than another minute. Perfectly browned without getting dry.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Besides having the babies? Whenever I have health issues or decide I'm too damn fat, so drink goes away with all the other good stuff. No problems. I feel bad for people who can't give it up. That makes the pleasure an obligation, which sucks.
like tears in rain

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

John Barleycorn wrote:
BBoozer wrote:

I started underage drinking at 14. I always imagined that even in Europe where the drinking age is lower there would be people under 16 who wanted to drink anyway. There's just something wonderful about getting drunk in violation of the law. It was such a blast.
Sure, there is a big problem here in Europe with about twelve year olds that break into the liquor cabinet of their parents and drink the gin, tequila, etc. It's called 'coma drinking'. These kids are curious after the effect of alcohol, it is prohibited and they want to 'act like grown-ups'. That's why I'm in favour of letting kids participate in a table culture that involves wine and beer. My four- and two-year olds are allowed to drink some table beer every now and then (this table beer has a alcohol content of about 1 vol%, but they have the feeling they are really 'adults'). Backside is that at school they proudly proclaim they have drunk 'real beer, with alcohol in it', much to the shame of my redhead. When they are older, let's say eight, they will be allowed to sip from our wine. We also teach them that alcohol is part of a normal life, and this does not involve drinking yourself onto the brink of a coma.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Savage wrote:Besides having the babies? Whenever I have health issues or decide I'm too damn fat, so drink goes away with all the other good stuff. No problems. I feel bad for people who can't give it up. That makes the pleasure an obligation, which sucks.
Depends whether its can''t or won't. Can't is bad, but if you won't then at least its just your choice....the line will blur sometimes, that's when I take a break for a little while.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I haven't had a drink today. But I will.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Resident Asshole wrote:I haven't had a drink today. But I will.
You will take it. Or will it take you? I'm pretty much okay with either scenario. Bourbon and I are old friends.
like tears in rain

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

BBoozer wrote:
Sure, there is a big problem here in Europe with about twelve year olds that break into the liquor cabinet of their parents and drink the gin, tequila, etc. It's called 'coma drinking'. These kids are curious after the effect of alcohol, it is prohibited and they want to 'act like grown-ups'.
No, that's completely not what I'm talking about.

Underaged drinking is more like the excitement of a prohibition era speakeasy or the thrill of drinking illegally made moonshine. It's the thrill of scoring some booze. It's the joy of walking into a party consisting of classmates who you get along with ok but who aren't exactly your close friends and being united by the purpose of celebrating the fact that someone's parents are aren't home and someone arranged a keg of beer.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hey I got drinks of daddies beer as soon as I could open the fridge and bring him one. we used to swipe beers from the neighborhood parties and drink em that was a thrill. Then as a teen we would score booze and that was the awesome. WE SHOULDNT HAVE THIS. I drank alot of shitty skunked beer or shit wine or giant low end bottles of vodka, puked my guts out, did stupid shit in public and passed out with my hair stuck to the carpet by the miracle adhesion of dried vomit.
thats how you learn.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought