On a diet

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

On a diet

Post by BBoozer »

My redhead suggested I cut on the booze to lose some weight. Of course I obliged. I bought diet indian tonic to mix with my gin. I guess that will get me far enough. I must say, the taste is the same.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: On a diet

Post by Wingman »

yep. it's the mixers that get you.

cheers!

edit: although, there's mounting evidence that diet drinks trick your body into gaining more weight by biologysomethingsomethingbloodsugarbrainsomething. so probably best just to drink it straight.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I went a couple weeks without beer, just did bourbon rocks and gin with club soda and dropped a few lbs. Then football happened and I killed a 30 in 36 hours. Not impressive, I know, but about a million percent more beer than I was planning to have. Sigh, back to the diet this week.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

one day doesn't make or break a diet. it's a lifestyle.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I make sure to go for a long run several times a week, and then proceed to get smashed. Balance!

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Lose weight by always drinking till you heave

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I'm always at my lightest drinking mostly liquor, passing out, and not eating much. You'll be fine. Tonight I replaced dinner with Liquor. I do that often.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Zackly. When I was addicted to bourbon cokes, I weighed about fifty pounds more than today. Now I take it straight, baby, and I feel much better.
like tears in rain

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

About two weeks back I decided I'm just too damn fat so it was time to do something about. I'm an office drone so don't really get to much exercise on the job. I'm doing a low calorie diet (1000cal per day). This site http://www.calorieking.com/ has a calorie count for pretty much everything you might eat (bourbon is 66 cal per ounce). Keeping track of everything you eat and drink is kind of a pain in the ass, but I dropped eight pounds in two weeks which is a major motivator.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

I don't want to cut on the alcohol. Any diet that allows me to drink as I do now is fine to me. I believe it's mainly the mixers and the little snacks that you eat when you have a buzz on.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Just stop eating.
OK, perhaps not entirely, but about a year or two ago I switched from Rum and diet (my mainstay) to beer.
I was downing at least 12-14 beers a day (and that was on weekdays, don't ask how much we consume on weekends) and I decided to cut way down on the food.
If I was taking in 12-1400 calories a day in beer, and still eating the way I used to, I'd probably be huge.
Instead I lost 30 lbs. I kept up the drinking, just cut way down on what I ate.
Beer tends to fill one up anyway, so after a while I wasn't even getting hungry any more.

Or, try not eating after 7pm.
After a few weeks you'll notice the pounds coming off, even if you don't change anything else.

a somewhat related aside:

My favourite quote of the summer happened when a drunkard friend of mine was attempting to grill a bunch of meat for us on a charcoal grill.
It was taking him quite a while, and he was having little success keeping the coals alight.
Upon entering the garage where we were all gathered drinking, someone asked where the hell the food was.

His frustrated and explosive retort: "SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR VODKA!"

HA!
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

"i made dinner!"

"you didn't make dinner."

"no. but i made margaritas!"

you may consider googling "the drinking man's diet."
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

30 Pabst and a sleeve of Ritz crackers. Add brown liquor to taste.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I'm living on a poor man's diet these day - a huge stack of $5 pancakes for lunch is about all I eat - then I write for 4-5 hours and as long as I've tucked away 12 bottles of beer or a jug of wine by dinnertime, I'm not hungry and just pass out. When I wake up around 2am, I do a few push-ups, lift weights and go for very long walks around my deserted neighborhood. By the time I get back home I'm so tired that I take a nap and when I wake up it's pancake time. My old co-workers (who I can sometimes scam a free lunch from) assume I'm really hitting the gym with all my 'free' time. Dropped ten pounds my first month of being destitute.
Hey, works for me!

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Aloysius82 wrote:I'm living on a poor man's diet these day - a huge stack of $5 pancakes for lunch is about all I eat - then I write for 4-5 hours and as long as I've tucked away 12 bottles of beer or a jug of wine by dinnertime, I'm not hungry and just pass out. When I wake up around 2am, I do a few push-ups, lift weights and go for very long walks around my deserted neighborhood. By the time I get back home I'm so tired that I take a nap and when I wake up it's pancake time. My old co-workers (who I can sometimes scam a free lunch from) assume I'm really hitting the gym with all my 'free' time. Dropped ten pounds my first month of being destitute.
Hey, works for me!
Man oh man, gotta ask, what do you do for a living?