Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I'm drunk and alone

Post by Savage »

I like drinking alone; I win all the arguments, and get to finish the bottle. Plus no one bitches about the music. Of course, on the downside, if I begin to choke on my vomit, I'm on my own.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

You drink alone. You die alone. Just sayin'.

prbobo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by prbobo »

How do you do the chat? I haven't been in a chat room since I had AOL back in 1997 but I'm intrigued.

redneckhipster
Tippler
Tippler

Post by redneckhipster »

Riddeford wrote:I'd say most of my drinking is done alone and I love it. Drinking alone at home has the quickest service.
Haha love it. I have to agree...and the bartender always hooks you up when you get liquor drinks ;).
"I went out the door and into my own room and lay on the bed. The bed went sailing off and I sat up in bed and looked at the wall to make it stop."

--Jake Barnes, after a good night of drinking, from The Sun Also Rises, 1926.

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by perfectly pickled »

well i've just rolled , home after a quality session. hot enough here to need a drink straight afetr work - bar in town does good cheap cocktails, an I got a copy of the history of the borgias to read so I'm a happy camper. had a becks beer mint julep. sour, martinez and, kind of suitably the last word cocktail.. then i left. nicely pissed & dint have to talk to anyone 'cept the girl behind the bar. top night. drinking alone is ok for me now , used to be that I wouldnt like when I was younger but now it suits me fine

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Walnuts look like brains.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

And drawings of hearts look like the tip of my wang (seen from the underside.) Or so I hear.
Not that I would know.
I mean, it's not like I use a mirror when I jerk my meat...no, sir, not at all.

Ahem.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Walnuts look like brains.
Dude, I have a bumper crop of fucking walnuts in my yard. Try walking through on a dark drunken night, it's a surefire ankle buster.
I think i may rake em up this weekend, I hear some folks will pay a pretty penny for black walnuts.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

BigHeadedMidget wrote:
Dude, I have a bumper crop of fucking walnuts in my yard. Try walking through on a dark drunken night, it's a surefire ankle buster.
I think i may rake em up this weekend, I hear some folks will pay a pretty penny for black walnuts.
When I was a boy, my brother and I would hit the walnuts into the valley behind our house with golf clubs. There was a road going straight down into the valley and we would aim at the traffic. It was a lot of fun.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I like drinking alone cuz I like drinking naked and after getting tossed out of every bar in town for my nakedness, I've taken my bare-ass home so I can drink like I please.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Aloysius82 wrote:I like drinking alone cuz I like drinking naked and after getting tossed out of every bar in town for my nakedness, I've taken my bare-ass home so I can drink like I please.
I also tend to dress in "extreme casual"

KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by KissMyPabst »

I like drinking alone because the dj fucking rocks. He'll go from Meat Loaf to James Taylor to REO Speedwagon to Sinatra to Eddie Money to Harry Chapin to Dropkick Murphys to Tom Waits, and every song just feels so right.

Also he pours em long and strong.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

John Barleycorn wrote:
BigHeadedMidget wrote:
When I was a boy, my brother and I would hit the walnuts into the valley behind our house with golf clubs. There was a road going straight down into the valley and we would aim at the traffic. It was a lot of fun.
Many years ago, when I lived in base housing in Okinawa, I found out that if you dropped a golf ball off your 9th floor balcony, onto a parking lot full of cars, it would pretty much disprove the notion that there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. Also, a golf ball bounce increases, with each hard landing. Thank goodness the ball eventually made its way towards town. I don't know what I would have told the MPs. Or Grumpy. The baby loved it, though.
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:
BigHeadedMidget wrote:

Many years ago, when I lived in base housing in Okinawa, I found out that if you dropped a golf ball off your 9th floor balcony, onto a parking lot full of cars, it would pretty much disprove the notion that there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. Also, a golf ball bounce increases, with each hard landing. Thank goodness the ball eventually made its way towards town. I don't know what I would have told the MPs. Or Grumpy. The baby loved it, though.
Ma, sometimes I think you're mean.
But you're the mother of my brides after all...
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by Wanderlife »

I like drinking alone