Watch Barfly

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Watch Barfly

Post by Resident Asshole »

Yes, if you haven't seen the movie you are not a true drunkard. I will stand by that. I don't want to hear anymore whiny shit about how you can't find it. Don't bother looking at your local rental store or the library or your brother's DVD collection. They don't have it. But, it was re-released in 2009. The original releases are worth a lot of money but the re-release is normally priced.

http://www.amazon.com/Barfly-Mickey-Rou ... 482&sr=1-1

There it is. No more bitching. It's PAL format but my player plays it and an Xbox will play it also. If you can't play PAL they have the other version for $30 and the VHS for $8. And if you can't afford $18 then I will mail it to you for the cost of shipping. Now watch it. It is truly the best drunkard movie. Cheers!

Sylvester Stallone's brother is the bartender in the movie and check out this descrip:

"The script for this movie was written by outrageous poet-author-alcoholic Charles Bukowski. But director Barbet Schroeder makes it into an oddly amusing story of a pugnacious drunk writer (Mickey Rourke) based on Bukowski himself. Rourke spends almost all of his time at the bar, struggling with undrunkenness (he's against it) and, occasionally, having fistfights with the bartender (Frank Stallone). He meets another souse, a formerly attractive woman (Faye Dunaway), and gets involved with her, which means they drink copious amounts of liquor and try to have sex. "
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

JohnnyT

Re: Watch Barfly

Post by JohnnyT »

and Buk himself makes a cameo appearance in one of the bar scenes.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

The perfect movie to watch while drinking.
"I'd hate to be you if I were me!"

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

As far as I can tell this PAL region 0 thing seems to be a total ripoff for people in the U.S. Good info that it works on Xbox, but in any case, just download the shit for free, it's 2011, or take up Mr. Asshole up on his "just the cost of shipping" offer. I might.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

keitho
Souse
Souse

Post by keitho »

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Movies/advanc ... rds=barfly

You can get it here too, All Drunkards should own it.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
— Charles Bukowski

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

FACT.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Golan-Globus, the production company, also made all of the great '80s Chuck Norris movies.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

FNZ wrote:Golan-Globus, the production company, also made all of the great '80s Chuck Norris movies.
Well aint that an odd kawinkydink. I call my right nut Golan and my left one Globus.

I called my pecker Electric Boogaloo.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Screwball wrote:
FNZ wrote:Golan-Globus, the production company, also made all of the great '80s Chuck Norris movies.
Well aint that an odd kawinkydink. I call my right nut Golan and my left one Globus.

Your gonads are Israeli?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Resident Asshole wrote:Yes, if you haven't seen the movie you are not a true drunkard. I will stand by that. I don't want to hear anymore whiny shit about how you can't find it. Don't bother looking at your local rental store or the library or your brother's DVD collection. They don't have it. But, it was re-released in 2009. The original releases are worth a lot of money but the re-release is normally priced.

http://www.amazon.com/Barfly-Mickey-Rou ... 482&sr=1-1

There it is. No more bitching. It's PAL format but my player plays it and an Xbox will play it also. If you can't play PAL they have the other version for $30 and the VHS for $8. And if you can't afford $18 then I will mail it to you for the cost of shipping. Now watch it. It is truly the best drunkard movie. Cheers!

Sylvester Stallone's brother is the bartender in the movie and check out this descrip:

"The script for this movie was written by outrageous poet-author-alcoholic Charles Bukowski. But director Barbet Schroeder makes it into an oddly amusing story of a pugnacious drunk writer (Mickey Rourke) based on Bukowski himself. Rourke spends almost all of his time at the bar, struggling with undrunkenness (he's against it) and, occasionally, having fistfights with the bartender (Frank Stallone). He meets another souse, a formerly attractive woman (Faye Dunaway), and gets involved with her, which means they drink copious amounts of liquor and try to have sex. "
Oh! Thanks for the heads up. Just got it, for 18.80. Seems everytime I looked for it, it was MIA. I'm sure this window of opportunity will close soon. A couple of weeks ago. I scored "Lady Beware" and a year or so ago, I finally snagged a clear copy of "All the Marbles" for Grumpy. He loves those big wrassling gals. And Peter Falk. RIP. I loved his Columbo show.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

This is exactly why we need people like RA on this board. To kick our asses for not owning Barfly on DVD. Thanks, RA, this thread inspired me to search for the dvd on a dutch internetstore and I have ordered it for 9.90 €. Should be delivered in a week or so. I'm gonna make a special section in my liquor cabinet where I'll put the 'great to watch while drinking' dvd's, so I can load on whisky and take out a dvd simultaneously. This way I wont have to plow through piles of kids dvd's (and the kids can't put their fingerprints on MY dvd's).

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

If any budding CCC attendees have not yet seen Barfly, I will bring it with me.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

FNZ wrote:
Screwball wrote:

Your gonads are Israeli?
Yep. They're made of matzo.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Next year in Jerusalem!

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Screwball »

FNZ wrote:Next year in Jerusalem!

What, a hurricane will cause giants to have Elvis's haircut and chops?

Ya gotta understand, I'm from South Israel. We haven't yet got the memo about po'k chops. Too busy making bathtub crank and tailoring pearl buttoned cowboy shirts for the Gentiles.