I just saw an ad for SoCo and Tabasco. WTF!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

I just saw an ad for SoCo and Tabasco. WTF!

Post by John Barleycorn »

That sounds absolutley heinous. I also think it's going to be a flop. People who are shopping for a sweetened whiskey are probably not going to want tabasco added.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: I just saw an ad for SoCo and Tabasco. WTF!

Post by Bur »

John Barleycorn wrote:That sounds absolutley heinous. I also think it's going to be a flop. People who are shopping for a sweetened whiskey are probably not going to want tabasco added.
I'd still hit that.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

jesus that sounds fuckin awful. i despise southern comfort as it is, i don't think even tabasco can change that fact.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

This could add a whole new dimension to mudbutt.

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I thought SC too sweet, and then it exploded in my freezer, thanks to a child's boyfriend. I would rather eat a tabasco-loaded snack while drinking, than drink a tabasco loaded drink.
like tears in rain

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

I have a bad experience with soco almost 20 years ago, but I'm a huge fans of shooters like Satan's Piss (google it)... so this might turn me around on it, except for the whole 'charging a premium to mix together two things I can easily acquire on my own' aspect...
Be safe everyone.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

The whole thing seems contradictory to me.

According to some bartending guide or something I read SoCo is pretty much about sweetening whiskey to the point where it appeals to a lot of people who would be turned off by regular bourbon. It's whiskey for sorority girls.

Putting tabasco in a drink is something that is done to appeal to stupid machismo. It's making a drink for insecure frat boys who want to show they're harder core than Red Stag.

Unless the logic is to make it into SoCo for men (a position that already seems to be taken by regular whiskey) what's the point of sweetening a whiskey and then making it burn?

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

John Barleycorn wrote:The whole thing seems contradictory to me.

According to some bartending guide or something I read SoCo is pretty much about sweetening whiskey to the point where it appeals to a lot of people who would be turned off by regular bourbon. It's whiskey for sorority girls.

Putting tabasco in a drink is something that is done to appeal to stupid machismo. It's making a drink for insecure frat boys who want to show they're harder core than Red Stag.

Unless the logic is to make it into SoCo for men (a position that already seems to be taken by regular whiskey) what's the point of sweetening a whiskey and then making it burn?
If TABASCO is their testing ground their fu is weak indeed. To play devil's advocate (and I only do this as someone jockeying for that particularly ineffable throne) spicing up a famously cloying beverage is not outside the boundaries of intersting taste mixtures.
Be safe everyone.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I'll only drink it while snow-boarding or marlin fishing or ski-boxing.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"