This Hangover Keeps Hangin' on

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

This Hangover Keeps Hangin' on

Post by Smatter Noguts »

4 Ipa's, 2 WT101's straight up and 6 large Manhattens Friday night and I'm still fighting the cold sweats.

Bad ice.

I shall name it "Coach Sandusky".

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: This Hangover Keeps Hangin' on

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I've read recently that chicken soup with a bit more salt than usual can help a great deal.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

Hung over? Just a memory.....
Dehydrated or,,,, dare I say alcohol poisoned......maybe?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

ADHD
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ADHD »

Yep, I hear ya. I've been knocking back close to a 26oz of 60% homebrew at a sitting, and been no worse for wear the next day. It's alot easier on the system than commercial headsplitter booze. Worst problem I have is lack of hydration too !!

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

Tippler wrote:Yep, I hear ya. I've been knocking back close to a 26oz of 60% homebrew at a sitting, and been no worse for wear the next day. It's alot easier on the system than commercial headsplitter booze. Worst problem I have is lack of hydration too !!
Ordinarily my response would be sumpin like,,,,,"yeah that 60% can git her done quick" followed by a "jolly good fun" or some shit like that there.

But I have no response for the 26oz bit that ya threw in there,,,,,,,dunno weather to pass along my congratulations or to offer an intervention? Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,congratulations are clearly in order!

Cheers dude
Larry
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hangover doesn't exist. Totally illusionary. And if you have pain, the solution is clear. Go drink some more
Why the fuck do you think they invented brunch, huh? Bloody Marys, anyone?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I mean, dear God, do I have to spell it out to ya?
like tears in rain

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I believe that hangover is a myth due to having apart from night after drinking, exprienced huge dehydrations. It's pretty much same set different costumes. And if you somehow manage to feel sorry for drinking and get to what Kingsley Amis refers to as "psychological hangover".. Oh well. Maybe another board? Like one of those million AA ones?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

is the psychological related to the metaphysical hangover?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Bur wrote: what Kingsley Amis refers to as "psychological hangover".. Oh well. Maybe another board? Like one of those million AA ones?
Yep. The psychological or emotional hangover is also cultural. Being hungover in an anti-drinking and anti-fun environment(like the united states) makes them seem much worse if one is prone to guilty feelings. Which I am not.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

zfish
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by zfish »

One of the worst hangovers started one night years ago at a Happy Hour where they were serving $1.25 martinis, manhattens, and rob roys.

After many many rob roys, the night ended with me sitting on the floor of a crowded downtown bar while people tripped over me. I would have been 86'd but the Owner was a friend of mine. Don't know how my Buddy got me home. Apparently, I passed out in his truck and he couldn't wake me up to get me inside, in a bad Neighborhood no less, so he left me in the truck. Don't recall how I finally manged to negotiate the stairs to the front door, let myself in and pass out on the couch. My bedroom was upstairs so I guess I got too tired to make a go of it.

The next day was hell and I swore I'd never drink vermouth again.
She's got the Jack.

Bur

Post by Bur »

DeeboCools wrote:
Bur wrote: what Kingsley Amis refers to as "psychological hangover".. Oh well. Maybe another board? Like one of those million AA ones?
Yep. The psychological or emotional hangover is also cultural. Being hungover in an anti-drinking and anti-fun environment(like the united states) makes them seem much worse if one is prone to guilty feelings. Which I am not.
Well, in here the devil rum is atleast as bad as in states, I'd say worse. Still though, in those cases I handle it smooth.. mostly. Maybe it's my 2-3 hangovers a year vs. waking up drunk

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

DeeboCools wrote:
Having a hangover sucks, or rather, being dehydrated is a terrible thing. But who in their right mind would feel bad about it? Sure you feel bad, but guilty? Guilty for what, having a good time, enjoying yourself, letting go and relaxing, stumbling through paradise, letting the real you out of the cage. It would seem that such an individual would have some serious psychological disorder like autophobia(the fear of yourself). More issues than the booze, he should skip AA and head to the closest liquor store for a handle of WT101 for a cure.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

i get extremely emotional when hungover. i bet if i ever felt guilty about something while hungover, i'd feel really guilty. then there's that sense that something is wrong with the world when you're all dehydrated.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Wingman wrote:i get extremely emotional when hungover. i bet if i ever felt guilty about something while hungover, i'd feel really guilty. then there's that sense that something is wrong with the world when you're all dehydrated.
Same here.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.