Do you party with dries?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Do you party with dries?

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I confess I am curious.
In my case I have dry or semi-dry friends who still enjoy the company of total drunkards, I was wondering if you experience the same and what the rational explanation for that could be: do they see us as entertaining, are we being reassured by the fact that they are not going to steal our glasses? Mystery it is.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Do you party with dries?

Post by BBoozer »

I do party with dries and I don't mind as long as they don't pass judgment on me. It is my choice to drink, it is their choice not to, and we get along just fine as long as there is mutual respect. Then again, I don't need a social impulse to start drinking. Even surrounded by diet coke drinkers, I will still order a good beer. I am the ultimate solo drinker and I don't care what other people think, and I don't judge people that only drink diet coke. It's live and let live, or drink and let drink.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

Yeah, I got a few friends who don't drink.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

WHo else is going to drink my drunk ass home?!
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

i have no friends that don't drink.

i do have a few people that used to be friends who no longer drink.

there is this one guy that only has like 2-3 drinks, but he's getting better the longer he hangs around us.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I have a few friends who claim to drink, but in reality only have half a glass of white wine every few months or so. I think they just like being around people, and often find the rest of our drunken antics entertaining. Plus, undrunk driver!
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I have a few friends who don't drink, but I don't see them much, and I always offer to buy them one when I see them
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I have one completely dry friend I must say. And he is a good dude, to the point where I can hang around in his place and drink while some other activity takes place and he isn't bothered about it at all. Haven't partied with him though, apart from one metal concert in some odd club. I think, maybe. I was sorta drunk back then.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Mr. Viking wrote:I have a few friends who don't drink, but I don't see them much, and I always offer to buy them one when I see them
I like this. I always do the same. I try to make them curious and envious about what I am drinking.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

I hang around with various drys, but I can never have a good party with them - it's just not the same...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

I keep one or two drys and lightweights around to chauffer us thirstier folks about. “Dudes please don’t puke in the car! Again. ”
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Booz Hound wrote:I keep one or two drys and lightweights around to chauffer us thirstier folks about. “Dudes please don’t puke in the car! Again. ”
I hear that, it would be like shitting where you eat, or drink for that matter.

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Booz Hound wrote:I keep one or two drys and lightweights around to chauffer us thirstier folks about. “Dudes please don’t puke in the car! Again. ”
I hear that, it would be like shitting where you eat, or drink for that matter.
Actually, and thankfully, that has only happened once... not the best night/morning for the driver or the offender. I, however, found it hilarious.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

No
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

DeeboCools wrote:No
good man, stronger will than I have
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best