Ok, Euro drunkeners.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Ok, Euro drunkeners.

Post by Bur »

I want some action in few months. I don't care if it's Norwegian mountains, plains of France or back alleys of Russia.

Living in this little piece of shit for a country. Where even the winter refuses to settle in and anything reasonable alcohol involved stuff is demonized like it's second coming of CCCP, I've gotten tired up to me balls of. Let's pull out something little or big and fancy and/or awesome.

And they did RISE THE GODDAMN ALCOHOL TAXATION AGAIN. ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL GIFT FOR THE WHOLE NATION FOR NEW YEAR. Seriously. For Crying sake of fucking hell.

I want better overlords. At very least the amount of decree in shittyness of this countries drinkpolicies should be fixed, just a little.

So here you have my not-so well put call out/cry for help. My excuse is that I got away from work whole hour ago and I'm working in Blizkrieg-drunk thus this seemed appropriate.

With sad violins on the background and cold-bite+infection-combo on my face.

Over and out.

Bur

Re: Ok, Euro drunkeners.

Post by Bur »

Pussies, all of you. Also 4 day weekend WUWUWU.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Ho ho! Amazing post, Bur - eloquent and poetic.

Sorry to hear about the cold-bite+infection-combo on your face but hopefully that shit will sort itself out soon enough.

January is a fucker of a month and made worse by increases in booze taxes - thought you guys in Scandinavia paid thru the nose already?!

Slan go foil!

Bur

Post by Bur »

tomodon wrote:Ho ho! Amazing post, Bur - eloquent and poetic.

Sorry to hear about the cold-bite+infection-combo on your face but hopefully that shit will sort itself out soon enough.

January is a fucker of a month and made worse by increases in booze taxes - thought you guys in Scandinavia paid thru the nose already?!

Slan go foil!
Yea well in scands being for booze will evidently never be over. One of the president candidates actually said that rising booze tax won't fix shit in means of drinking. And he was right. He also said that it's income for the nation so whoopy-doo.

Also it was just outburst, if someone can house me for reasonable fee in any part of europe I'll be up for that in month's notice.

Superfucker
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Superfucker »

Does Finland even have a drinking problem? And by drinking problem I don't mean something recognized as a problem by the "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN" but more along the lines of Russia's "Is beer even really alcohol?" problems.
What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

Bur

Post by Bur »

The fucking PRICES(30.5e for jameson ffs), also they plan on doing the awesome trick they did with tobacco and banning it from being visible in grocery stores. Jesus fucking christ. At least the cops are not yet on me while I'm drinking myself to stupor in private.

Superfucker
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Superfucker »

From the other night it sounds like Estonia is your only reprieve. Maybe the lady and I'll head there if she ever gets me to go to the EU.

G'luck in finding drinking buddies.
What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I think we should have a euro meetup somewhere in spain, I was there last summer, 3 euro a bottle of vodka/gin, cheap bars, and they stay open as long as you keep drinking
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bur

Post by Bur »

Mr. Viking wrote:I think we should have a euro meetup somewhere in spain, I was there last summer, 3 euro a bottle of vodka/gin, cheap bars, and they stay open as long as you keep drinking
This might be good idea, I think they have less of this winter business around there as well.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Bur wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:I think we should have a euro meetup somewhere in spain, I was there last summer, 3 euro a bottle of vodka/gin, cheap bars, and they stay open as long as you keep drinking
This might be good idea, I think they have less of this winter business around there as well.
Zaragoza is not too far and can be real great, there's an entire square of the city dedicated to eating and drinking at night: El Casco Antiguo.
Edit: it might be awfully expensive to travel to there from the north of europe though... I haven't checked.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Didn't really find any straight flights with reasonable times, price etc. Guess that's off the table then.

Edit: Howbuut estonia?

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

We should begin some sort of global united front and stand against booze taxes. In the states, Tea, even the shittiest instant cold tea in a can, is still not taxed as an homage to our history. I think, on a global scale, we could make the same happen for booze. How glorious would that be? I know I'm dreaming... but I do want to do something
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

DeeboCools wrote:We should begin some sort of global united front and stand against booze taxes. In the states, Tea, even the shittiest instant cold tea in a can, is still not taxed as an homage to our history. I think, on a global scale, we could make the same happen for booze. How glorious would that be? I know I'm dreaming... but I do want to do something
I'm with you, but where to start? I'm going to write to my mayor about the heritage of the French wine industry, that will be fun.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
DeeboCools wrote:We should begin some sort of global united front...
I'm with you, but where to start?
First, We'll start a global boycott, and refuse to drink until... uh... I mean cut back a bit... Actually, nevermind.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James