This is what the drys just don't get

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

This is what the drys just don't get

Post by coqui_chris »

Community and beer distributors and workers coming together to support the U.S. of A.

A pub crawl to affect the 2,000 direct workers and 20,000 ancillary support-craft workers who staff the one already-shuttered Delco Conocophilips refinery and the soon-to-be shuttered Sunoco Refineries in Delco and Philly.

Forget politics, because both parties are roasting these American workers over the fire like a spit for their own selfish reasons.

We're talking jobs, people, community, and camaraderie.

I'll drink to that!
Tom McLaughlin, owner of Lefty’s Irish Pub, said Budweiser learned of his decision in December to hold the line on his draught prices after Sunoco idled the borough refinery and gave union members a 90-day layoff notice.

At the time, McLaughlin was mulling over increasing his prices after maintaining the status quo for three years, despite hikes from his beer and liquor distributors.
Initially, he thought he’d implement a quarter price increase Dec. 1 but decided to postpone that after Sunoco ceased making petroleum products at the Delaware County refinery.

McLaughlin’s distributor, Gretz Beer Co., decided to help out to make the Pub Crawl possible to help support the United Steelworkers Union Education Fund.

“I think it’s good for these guys,” McLaughlin said in between registering participants. “Conoco closed up a couple of weeks ago. A lot of Sun Oil (workers) come in here. They’re going to have to relocate, if they can even find something.”

John Antonius, area sales manager for Gretz Beer Co., was one of many sitting at Lefty’s bar Saturday.

“This is near and dear to our heart,” he said of supporting the oil workers. “We’ve always been really close-knit with the community. This is our core Bud drinker.”
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: This is what the drys just don't get

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Nothing brings people together more than beer.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Nothing brings people together more than beer.
That, and sex.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

JohnnyAngst
Souse
Souse

Post by JohnnyAngst »

Beer brings more people together than sex. I've shared my beer with WAY more people than I've shared my willie. And I think I've got my priorities in order.
"He saw the bottle quite clearly, it stood in the dark atop the dresser and it was just an extremely narrow, bright strip of light. That was the bottle, a bright strip of light in the darkness." - Heinrich Böll

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

Sex mainly just drives me away from people, actually.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Freddie AppsHero wrote:Sex mainly just drives me away from people, actually.
You're doing it wrong.

Great story, hope everybody lands on their feet.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

DRys don't get booze because they are soft and probably communicsts.
Booze si for the people by tyhe people, however, the poeple like sheitty beer.

DO you really watn a nation run buy jacksholes who drink Budwisesr? No. Fuck them.

wE want a nation run by dudes who drnikn beer that tastes like beer. Good berer that you can suck off a a strippers nipples.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

"freedom and whisky gang thegither"
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Rooster wrote:Good berer that you can suck off a a strippers nipples.
is it after memorial day already?
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Beer and tits bring people together.