drinking and motivation

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

drinking and motivation

Post by DeeboCools »

Do you fine drunks think drinking has some effect on motivation? In any sense, tho I'm mostly speaking about art for myself.

Early on I found that it was much easier to start a project/be creative after the first couple of drinks, tho equally as easy to get too distracted to work on it after a few more.

tho sometimes I get really hammered without any other intention and find that I've written something/worked on some music in a state in which I barely remembered doing it.

Altho it doesn't give me more motivation to clean the house, hell no. Tho I've never done it undrunk.

I think ultimately it's some pavlovian thing... if you get in the routine you can frequently work on art or do chores while shithoused...
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: drinking and motivation

Post by JimLahey »

I definitely feel more motivated after a few drinks. It's a fine line though because if you keep a good pace of drinking you just wanna kind of sit there and have more.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

My motivation is directly affected by drinking, or rather the planning of the drinking. If I have something I need to get done, be it laundry, mowing the yard, writing a poem, whatever, I start out by planning the drinks. I'll have a drink while I am planning the drinking, then I set it up like this: OK I have this to get done so I can drink this while I'm wating for this, and here is a nice something to carry my drinks in until i get to this part where I shouldn't really drink so I need an inconspicious flask or cup so I can drink while I'm there, then I have this many drinks left for doing this part. By then I'll be near the store so I can get another bottle/30 pack and drink that while I'm finishing this.
That's all it takes - now I have an actual plan for drinking through this task and I have made it all seem the actual task revolves solely around the drinks, which I am very fond of. Now I have a plan and I have to carry through on this so I can have all the drinks I planned out. Simple.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:My motivation is directly affected by drinking, or rather the planning of the drinking. If I have something I need to get done, be it laundry, mowing the yard, writing a poem, whatever, I start out by planning the drinks. I'll have a drink while I am planning the drinking, then I set it up like this: OK I have this to get done so I can drink this while I'm wating for this, and here is a nice something to carry my drinks in until i get to this part where I shouldn't really drink so I need an inconspicious flask or cup so I can drink while I'm there, then I have this many drinks left for doing this part. By then I'll be near the store so I can get another bottle/30 pack and drink that while I'm finishing this.
That's all it takes - now I have an actual plan for drinking through this task and I have made it all seem the actual task revolves solely around the drinks, which I am very fond of. Now I have a plan and I have to carry through on this so I can have all the drinks I planned out. Simple.
Brilliant.
Cleaning the house or going to the post-office will never be the same.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:My motivation is directly affected by drinking, or rather the planning of the drinking. If I have something I need to get done, be it laundry, mowing the yard, writing a poem, whatever, I start out by planning the drinks. I'll have a drink while I am planning the drinking, then I set it up like this: OK I have this to get done so I can drink this while I'm wating for this, and here is a nice something to carry my drinks in until i get to this part where I shouldn't really drink so I need an inconspicious flask or cup so I can drink while I'm there, then I have this many drinks left for doing this part. By then I'll be near the store so I can get another bottle/30 pack and drink that while I'm finishing this.
I get it! thanx for sharingz and drinx for everyonez
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

We took a run into town to get some plumbing supplies today. $3 pipe. $15 case of Lionshead. $8 on pizza.

We then used our bottled motivation to clean the garage, and by clean I mean "burn", and by garage I mean, all the shit inside the garage we could drag to the fire pit.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

DeeboCools wrote:Do you fine drunks think drinking has some effect on motivation? In any sense, tho I'm mostly speaking about art for myself.

Early on I found that it was much easier to start a project/be creative after the first couple of drinks, tho equally as easy to get too distracted to work on it after a few more.

tho sometimes I get really hammered without any other intention and find that I've written something/worked on some music in a state in which I barely remembered doing it.

Altho it doesn't give me more motivation to clean the house, hell no. Tho I've never done it undrunk.

I think ultimately it's some pavlovian thing... if you get in the routine you can frequently work on art or do chores while shithoused...
I mow my lawn with a Siberian sunset Vodka OJ Grenadine before after and during.For anything else beer. I need something the refreshing as I mow my lawn.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

beerkegbilly wrote: I mow my lawn with a Siberian sunset Vodka OJ Grenadine before after and during.For anything else beer. I need something the refreshing as I mow my lawn.
I don't think I've mowed a lawn undrunk since I was a kid...