How's your health?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Re: How's your health?

Post by beerkegbilly »

A little low of b12 due to the drink but. I workout every day so doing well.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Take a Vitamin B Complex and Omega 3 fish oils after your breakfast and you'll be right as rain.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Mr Boozificator wrote:My only troubles come from the various injuries I acquired along years on the job. Other than that I'm fine, thanks. Sometimes a tad bit tired after two or three days of extreme boozing, but that's all.
Then be prepared for exhaustion after we get through with you this weekend. Mon cher.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I may have a problem with my Thetan levels.

Also, my immortal soul may have cholera.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Fool Ishy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Somewhere in Washington state...or is that the State of Washington? Damned if I know...

Post by Fool Ishy »

What is this "health" thing you speak of?

Sorry, I digress...what were you asking?
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Don't even get me started. They had me on so many high blood pressure pills, my hair started falling out. Then the "doc" told me I was diabetic. NOT. I'm actually suffering from low blood sugar; get faint and confused if I don't eat. I got severe psoriasis, 80-90% involved. Became nearly bald, covered with plaque, looked like a circus freak. I lost weight, weaned myself off of the blood meds, started feeling human again. Fought with the TriCare assholes; finally got on Stelara, began looking human again, hair growing back, to the point where I sometimes go out without the chemo scarf. I've lost over fifty pounds, no longer feel so depressed, and the only med I take is the Stelara injection every three months. I stress out about the possibility of TriCare suddenly deciding that they won't cover the Stelara anymore. Which would be really stupid, since the self-injected Humira and the creams and ointments I needed before, ended up costing more, and didn't work very well for me.
like tears in rain

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

JimLahey wrote:Take a Vitamin B Complex and Omega 3 fish oils after your breakfast and you'll be right as rain.
Thank you I'm on a vitamin B 12 supplement my VA doc put me on it last week.I got to take it three times a day.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I read something about Brazil Nuts having a whole days worth of the Omega-wahtevs fatty-whatevs. Like, one a day or a handful a few times a week will suffice instead of all the fish oil pills.
To counter that, I asked my doctor, when I had decent insurance, about flax seed oil instead of fish oil, mainly because it's way cheaper and doesn't seem as gross. He said something about humans not absorbing it as well and all that.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I don't understand why you consider fish oil pills to be gross. They don't taste like anything. At least mine don't.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Wingman wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:I lost an eye in the Caribbean, a leg in the Nams, half a kidney at Agincourt; caught cholera at Acre and will get third degree burns on the left side of my body at the Battle of Io.
fnz wins this thread.

oh, and to answer your question: i wouldn't want to fight me.
no my friend, fnz just won the intertron for the day.

me?
hypertension - under control by med
gout - under control by med
torn ancrutiate ligament - surgery this friday
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Catalina
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Catalina »

Fool Ishy wrote:What is this "health" thing you speak of?

Sorry, I digress...what were you asking?
brilliant!!

I think. Maybe I forgot. Not sure.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

JimLahey wrote:I don't understand why you consider fish oil pills to be gross. They don't taste like anything. At least mine don't.
Really, I find the idea of fish oil just kind of kind of gross; I don't like fish.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, the only reason I dislike fish oil capsules, is that that are freaking huge. Choky horse pills, they are. As bad as those Centrum multi vitamins. I mean, yeah, they do stink, but I eat tuna fish sandwiches, so that is not the problem.
like tears in rain

ADHD
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ADHD »

Patchez wrote: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming " WHOOOO HOOOO, what a fuckin' ride" !!!!
Now that was a very eloquent way of stating the mindset of a person who has no interest other than living life to it's fullest. Here's to you my man, have a very large glass of high quality bourbon on me.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I need a crystal ball, to find out if I live to be a hundred, but spend the last thirty years drooling and pissing on myself in an old folks hell house, or if I'm going to explode a giant aneurysm tomorrow or next week, in which case I've got to get busy.
like tears in rain