How's your health?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: How's your health?

Post by Savage »

Crystal wrote:Not as good as it should be. I am pretty convinced I have had two minor heart attacks in the last two weeks. That can't be good. I'm only 28. It doesn't help that I smoke cigarettes, drink, have a high-stress job, and a three year old and a one year old who fight constantly. I think I am a pretty good candidate.

OMFG! You are a child, a baby! Get over it! I am like 25 years older than you, and do you see me whining? Hell no. I drink more than you could even swallow, I take a med that can give me cancer, and I have a husband with heart problems. Plus, I have daughters who married retards. Just wait until your precious babies marry assholes! Then, come whining to me. Damn. Kids don't know when they have it good.

and quit smoking those fucking cigs. seriously.

oh, and PS, when your kids grow up, they will be so close. My little girls were at each other's throats, and now they love each other so much, I am jealous that I never had a sister.
like tears in rain

Laksen
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Laksen »

My doctor says I'm fine. He congratulates me on my fine liver score, which I take as a critique of my work.

The rest of my corpus is a little broken here and there, but nothing too bad

Impish Boozehound
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: On your left shoulder, choking the life out of the teetotaler on your right, with his own halo.

Post by Impish Boozehound »

As of yesterday:

-197 lbs (down from about 230)
-I can now run a mile without my lungs blowing out despite chain smoking like a boss at all times.
-nearly doubled my lifting capacity in the last 5 months.
-used to have a really bad back . . . . fixed.
-hangovers whereas are frequent are usually tolerable.

I'd say I'm not doing too badly despite the massive boozeing and smoking and job stress. Only a few silver hairs popping in, but they're difficult to see.

drink well, eat well, fuck well. The rest follows.
"a wise man drinks with the devil to keep the bastard in line, a fool tries to drink the devil away."

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Savage wrote:
Crystal wrote:Not as good as it should be. I am pretty convinced I have had two minor heart attacks in the last two weeks. That can't be good. I'm only 28. It doesn't help that I smoke cigarettes, drink, have a high-stress job, and a three year old and a one year old who fight constantly. I think I am a pretty good candidate.

OMFG! You are a child, a baby! Get over it! I am like 25 years older than you, and do you see me whining? Hell no. I drink more than you could even swallow, I take a med that can give me cancer, and I have a husband with heart problems. Plus, I have daughters who married retards. Just wait until your precious babies marry assholes! Then, come whining to me. Damn. Kids don't know when they have it good.

oh, and PS, when your kids grow up, they will be so close. My little girls were at each other's throats, and now they love each other so much, I am jealous that I never had a sister.
Geez, just answering the original question. Sorry D.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Crystal wrote:
Savage wrote:

Sorry kiddo. Was not reading well late at night. Much stupidism occurs after midnight.
Geez, just answering the original question. Sorry D.
like tears in rain

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Troubling.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Crunching blood pressure medication for 1 1/2 week now and I can't remember when I last felt this normal. After living for years feeling bad, bad kind of gets the new norm and bad is OK and worse is bad.

I feel like a million dollar. Better than I have for years and years and...

I've had restless legs in the evening that has been killing me. Gone!
I've had trouble sleeping. No more!
I've felt gloomy and sort of depressed. Nada!
I've been soooooo tired. Not anymore!
I've been blaming the pressure over my chest on my being depressed and stressed. Gone!
I've had a hard time getting air, which I've blamed on being in bad shape and I've been sweating a lot. Not anymore. Actually turns out I'm in pretty good shape. I guess forcing myself to take all those walks has payed off without my knowing it.

Oh so many things in my life that has been a pain in the ass and they all went away over night after getting blood pressure medication.

The only problem is that 1 pill doesn't last 24 hours so I can have some problems in the morning. Being hungover accentuates the different between feeling AWESOME in the day and TERRIBLE in the morning. In the past the difference was barely noticeable, feeling like shit, drink made it better and then morning was back to regular shit.

Oh well.

Big drinking weekend coming up, midsummer's eve is a good one. Cheers!

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

High blood pressure... medication solved it
irregular heart beats... medication solved it
borderline diabetes... well, medication solved it

I'm 46, I don't smoke, but I am a heavy drinker, but I feel fine. I believe in pills to cure you or at least protect you from cardiac problems. I'm all for medical science, yes I'm a nerd.

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Laksen wrote:My doctor says I'm fine. He congratulates me on my fine liver score, which I take as a critique of my work.
Two of the greatest lines I've read together in several years. Well done, sir. Cheers.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy