Time to talk about CCC 2012.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Time to talk about CCC 2012.

Post by Mr Boozificator »

The reason why we usually did that around the end of October is because of the all saints' day and the potential long week-end it provides. This year, All Saint's day is on a Thursday (the first of November, obviously), will there be a bank holiday ensuing this for some of you? If that would be so, the first week-end of November could indeed be a good idea.
Of course the weather would be shit, but who cares about that: the sun shines for ever at the bar.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm pretty sure that All Saints' Day is not a bank or public holiday in the UK, but there's nothing to say that we can't ask our employers for special dispensation for leave to attend a church service in Belfast.

Or maybe I'm just badly hungover.

EDIT: The following day, at least in some churches, is All Souls' Day, which is another popular day for church services. From my experience with churches, such days of "obligation" often lead to excessive post-church drinking.

Belfast has some terrific church buildings. I know this because I passed many on a drinking weekend there a few years ago.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'm in belfast today and tomorrow, so i shall do my reconnaissance. I am fully aware of the danger of the £6 pint I had at christmas, and the £35 whiskies that are on offer. It takes no prisoners and repeatedly invades my wallet's virtue. Usually a good night out though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Mr. Viking wrote:I'm in belfast today and tomorrow, so i shall do my reconnaissance. I am fully aware of the danger of the £6 pint I had at christmas, and the £35 whiskies that are on offer. It takes no prisoners and repeatedly invades my wallet's virtue. Usually a good night out though
What the hell? I didn't know about that.
I just checked on the UK statistics site and they say the price for 50cl of medium draught beer in an average bar in Belfast is 3.73 euros?
Where did yo buy that outrageous 6 pounds pint?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Got to be sure to fit the weekend around the Sunderland Home game fixture list!

I have a season ticket and my Dad always comes up for the games so don;t like to miss them.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Early November works better for me than early October. Looks like Sunderland are playing at home on 3rd Nov, and away on 10th Nov...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Early Nov is good for me at the moment lads. Things could change with the job-situation being up in the air but it'd be good to meet up for a piss-up if we can.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Every attendees have raised their voices, let the conclave be.
Beginning of November in Belfast.

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Pencil in weeked of the 10th November then?
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Damn...Belfast woulda worked well for me (Ryanair/cheap flights) but as usual, I'm gigging then (music shows Nov 4, 5 and 10 + possibles on 2, 3 and 9).

One of these times I'll make it.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

peetie44 wrote:Damn...Belfast woulda worked well for me (Ryanair/cheap flights) but as usual, I'm gigging then (music shows Nov 4, 5 and 10 + possibles on 2, 3 and 9).

One of these days, we're going to schedule a CCC so that we follow you around Europe on tour.

Am I right, people?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Shane's Dentist wrote:
peetie44 wrote:Damn...Belfast woulda worked well for me (Ryanair/cheap flights) but as usual, I'm gigging then (music shows Nov 4, 5 and 10 + possibles on 2, 3 and 9).

One of these days, we're going to schedule a CCC so that we follow you around Europe on tour.

Am I right, people?
Just one very inebriated concert somewhere in EU on the CCC day would be great to start with.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i wanna go. how far is belfast from chicago?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

http://maps.google.co.uk/
google says it can't be done. Time to prove them wrong
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

your google is broken. 3644 miles.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk