FML

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

User avatar
WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: UK

FML

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

-Living with my folks who think I'm an alcoholic and have banned liquor from the house. I'm pretty stealthy with it, but getting loaded is quickly becoming too much like hard work....

-Got a girlfriend who has decided that since we've now done the backpacking thing we need to settle down and get a house. Guys, I don't need to tell you what's wrong with this picture.

-Got a job. Ditto above.
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

User avatar
kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: England

Re: FML

Post by kowalski »

WolfOfTheWest wrote:-Living with my folks who think I'm an alcoholic and have banned liquor from the house. I'm pretty stealthy with it, but getting loaded is quickly becoming too much like hard work....
Try moving out into a cheap house share. This should enable you to drink and enjoy life without hassle.
WolfOfTheWest wrote: -Got a girlfriend who has decided that since we've now done the backpacking thing we need to settle down and get a house. Guys, I don't need to tell you what's wrong with this picture.
Ditch the girlfriend if you don't love her. If you do love her, then just rent a house together or something.
WolfOfTheWest wrote: -Got a job. Ditto above.
Having a job is better than no job. After all, you need money to buy booze and stuff...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

User avatar
JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Re: FML

Post by JimLahey »

You should probably just kill yourself.

User avatar
Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 7065
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Re: FML

Post by Screwball »

Do What I Do:

Lots and Lots of Cocaine.





What was the question?

User avatar
John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: FML

Post by John Barleycorn »

It sucks that your parents won't let you drink. I'd understand that if you had no job, but everyone deserves to drink after a day of work.

The obvious solution to #1 is to move in with #2. Then your only problem is a job.

User avatar
Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 24977
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:16 am
Location: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Re: FML

Post by Savage »

How old are you, Wolfie? Because my answer rides on your reply.
like tears in rain

User avatar
WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: FML

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

Savage wrote:How old are you, Wolfie? Because my answer rides on your reply.
Twenty-goddamn-four...
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

User avatar
Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3948
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 am
Location: Norris Green

Re: FML

Post by Mr. Viking »

stay at someone else's house when you've been drinking
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

User avatar
Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Tampa

Re: FML

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

At 24 you should definitely not be living with your folks, but also not buying a house with someone you're not married/engaged to.

If you do see some kind of future with the girl, rent together for awhile. That way you split the rent money AND get to fuck all the time.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

User avatar
peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10390
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Belgium, Austin TX, SoCal, Branson MO, Cape Cod MA

Re: FML

Post by peetie44 »

Wolf...since I don't know you personally, or all the minute particulars of your situation, consider any advice from me to be only suggestions that you might consider.

First, it's your parents house and it's their rules. So you need to get your own place regardless of what transpires with your girlfriend. And the only way to get and keep an apt or house is by having a job. If you don't like(?) the job you have, by all means search for another, but you gotta be employed. So, if you're considering leaving(?) your job, make sure you have something else lined up. As far as setting up house with your GF, does she drink? Because if she doesn't, it's very likely that you won't be able to live together for long before she's gonna get tired of living with a drunk.

My advice would be go slow. Keep the job you have, get yourself out of your folks' house and settled into your own apt. Then you and your GF should sit down and discuss your options as far as the future of your relationship and living together.

Best of luck, pal.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: FML

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

Thank you all for your honest opinions and helpful insight. However, I think I'm going to go for Mr Lahey's suggestion. :)
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

User avatar
Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12348
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Master of the Meatloaf Winds
Contact:

Re: FML

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Here's an alternative: stay at your parents' for a while longer and save up your money. Have the girlfriend get an apartment and stay over there when out drinking.

You are 24, you say. Too young to settle down, I say. Also, swath thy chunk in latex. Don't need to be forced to settle down. Be immature for as long as you can.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

μεθύστακας
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: FML

Post by μεθύστακας »

Yeah, I think Frankennietzsche is on the right track.

User avatar
WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: FML

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

Just found apartments to rent in Thailand for £70 a month. I'm tempted not only because I could easily afford to live there for like a year, but also cuz I miss Lao Khao!!!
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

User avatar
JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Re: FML

Post by JimLahey »

WolfOfTheWest wrote:Thank you all for your honest opinions and helpful insight. However, I think I'm going to go for Mr Lahey's suggestion. :)
Good man!

If that doesn't work, go bang trannies in Thailand!

Post Reply