Weirdest Place You Ever Woke Up.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheMightyHaines
Souse
Souse

Weirdest Place You Ever Woke Up.

Post by TheMightyHaines »

I once got tickets to a poker night that had been put on by Chivas Regal. I was working in a cocktail bar, and myself and the other barman went to this thing and got plied with free Scotch all night. Sucked out loud at poker, but hey, you can play cards any time, right?
Woke up the next day somewhere dark and funky smelling. After a few seconds of attempted recollection I realised I was in the dumpster we used to recycle cardboard boxes. (It had been raining. I clearly wanted somewhere soft and dry to lie down.)
Fun fact about waking up in a dumpster: It's not the sleeping/waking cycle that sucks. It's the attempt to lift the lid and climb out with any degree of dignity.
Anybody else got a good waking up story?

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Weirdest Place You Ever Woke Up.

Post by JimLahey »

I've woken up on the floor on a few occasions, but never a dumpster... not yet anyways.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Sprawled out across a section of dormitory style sinks. Blanket and all.
I find a good cool piece of porcelain is an excellent place to pass out.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Under a car at a field party, though that was more being woken up than coming to on my own accord. Good thing my buds saw my shoes sticking out.

Semi-related is the concept of blacking "in." I remember once going into the bathroom of a dive bar, and somehow, when I came out, it was a douchey nightclub. Time travel!
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

A field in upstate New York, no shoes, no money, no I.D.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I have a friend woke up in a doorway in govan and asked a street sweeper (thinking they were a taxi) for a lift into town. it was 8:00am
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

In a basement on a pile of stale smelling laundry. Then I climbed the stairs to exit the basement and opened the door to find myself in the kitchen of a pleasant yet surprised African American family in the middle of their Sunday morning breakfast. The food smelled really good but I excused myself, stumbled out he door and realized I was 3 houses down from where I lived.
Looking back I'm lucky I didn't get shot.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

In a deserted train at the end of the line in Paris once. When I opened my eyes, my hand was holding the "contrôleur" throat. After a few minutes of drunken shame I asked him if I could buy him a drink to redeem. He said no. Later on I was glad I had enough cash on me for a second breakfast pint.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I woke up under the stairs in the lobby of my old apartment building, outside of my friend's apartment (he had never woken up to let me in) a few years after having moved out.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Mr. Viking wrote:I have a friend woke up in a doorway in govan and asked a street sweeper (thinking they were a taxi) for a lift into town. it was 8:00am
Class, hahahahah!

I once woke up on somebody's hedge. Inexplicably, I had decided that it would be a good resting place. I slept for hours without tumbling to the concrete below.

It was also nice of the owners to not call the police.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Under a bush beside a church. The paramedic that woke me said they were called about a "body" by the church.

I assume I was unresponsive to the good people headed into the church that morning.

Luckily the other paramedic on the call was a distant cousin of my and a fellow sot. He said if I can get up and walk, they wouldn't have to take me to the ER. Saved me a hell of a bill.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Summer/1975, I woke up on the front porch of a farmhouse, @40 miles from my hotel in Atlanta/GA. No ride, with my gig bag locked in a stranger's car, which was at the farm but the driver was gone. I had @1 1/2hrs to extricate my bag, find(?) a ride to my hotel (40 miles away), pack my clothes and make it to the airport (another 15 miles) to catch a flight to Richmond/VA for a Canned Heat gig that night.

Bottom-line: made the gig.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I once woke up in a field in the middle of France (where I was on holliday with my best buddy) with my arm around the waist of a beautiful French girl I had never seen before. I woke up, she woke up, and we had no recollection at all of meeting. Up to now, I believe we were abducted by aliens.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

So many choices, hmm hmm..

Let's see there was whole getting myself locked mysteriously in friend's storage, underground.

Then there was waking up from top of hospital's housing place. 7th floor no less. It was also quite windy.

There might be some other pearls around but I am not in the mood to remember.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

BBoozer wrote:I once woke up in a field in the middle of France (where I was on holliday with my best buddy) with my arm around the waist of a beautiful French girl I had never seen before. I woke up, she woke up, and we had no recollection at all of meeting. Up to now, I believe we were abducted by aliens.
She tricked you: French women are aliens. The psychopathic kind of.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.