CCC: After They Were Drunk

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

CCC: After They Were Drunk

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Now for a little hungover nonsense.

---

Hardcore Stig was given a sponsorship deal with Magners in recognition of his commitment to the product. Shortly after, he was unavailable for comment.

tomodon began work on a CCC-themed album and landscape painting. We already know that it is brilliant.

Boozy has been indundated with texts from Belfast girls, who began as strangers but ended up as friends. You'd be amazed at how many sets of eyes he paid compliments to.

Mr. Viking is currently drinking Glasgow dry as a means of atoning for his absence. I am keen to join in.

I have been trying to convince Barnes & Noble that my collection of stories and anecdotes written on bar napkins are worth money.

---

The fuckin' CCC. Aw yeah. A real pleasure to have met with you all once again.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: CCC: After They Were Drunk

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I hear you my friend. My life post CCC looks like an abomination: I have work related things to do all the time and therefore can not start drinking at 8 am, I have to try and get back in shape (ouch ouch ouch), girls don't give a shit about me anymore, and lastly, there are no equally drunken friends around me.
WTF is that? I never signed for a few days of heaven and then an ocean of hell every year.

Now all of a sudden, I am starting to think that I should have worked in school when I was younger so that nowadays I get paid more for doing nothing and just visiting friends around the World.

Tomodon will come up with a logo for the CCC, I am sure.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Guys, I know what CCC stands for, but to a Belgian this is still very confusing. We had CCC in the eighties, the terrorist group 'Cellules Communistes Combatantes' and they performed several bomb attacks on NATO targets. They killed several fire fighters in the process. Just saying.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Sorry to hear that, Boozy. Still, it'll all change in a few months. Been such a comedown since Sunday.

Bboozer, I'm sorry to hear that. I guess the CCC (or Conclave, if that sounds better) was named from a drunken head - Boozy's, I think - and in good faith as such. But still, I'm sorry hearing that.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Now for a little hungover nonsense.

---

Hardcore Stig was given a sponsorship deal with Magners in recognition of his commitment to the product. Shortly after, he was unavailable for comment.

tomodon began work on a CCC-themed album and landscape painting. We already know that it is brilliant.

Boozy has been indundated with texts from Belfast girls, who began as strangers but ended up as friends. You'd be amazed at how many sets of eyes he paid compliments to.

Mr. Viking is currently drinking Glasgow dry as a means of atoning for his absence. I am keen to join in.

I have been trying to convince Barnes & Noble that my collection of stories and anecdotes written on bar napkins are worth money.

---

The fuckin' CCC. Aw yeah. A real pleasure to have met with you all once again.

It's a pleasure to be in contact with such talent. This is why humans need pubs...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

conclave does sound better. or The Conclave, if you prefer.

still, one can't be responsible for all uses of one's words. one just can't.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Sorry to hear that, Boozy. Still, it'll all change in a few months. Been such a comedown since Sunday.

Bboozer, I'm sorry to hear that. I guess the CCC (or Conclave, if that sounds better) was named from a drunken head - Boozy's, I think - and in good faith as such. But still, I'm sorry hearing that.
No need to be sorry about it. After all, Belgium is just a small country. And by no means I want you guys to be politically correct. But, maybe as an alternative, The Conclave of Gentleman Drunkards? And then you can have an Annual Meeting of the Conclave of Gentleman Drunkards? Or maybe that is too posh?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

BBoozer wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:Sorry to hear that, Boozy. Still, it'll all change in a few months. Been such a comedown since Sunday.

No need to be sorry about it. After all, Belgium is just a small country. And by no means I want you guys to be politically correct. But, maybe as an alternative, The Conclave of Gentleman Drunkards? And then you can have an Annual Meeting of the Conclave of Gentleman Drunkards? Or maybe that is too posh?
I don't like terrorists for sure, so now the acronym kinds of annoys me. I just wish you would have said that four years ago, before it became a tradition and we found an ale to go with it. I could think of an other triple consonant acronym, of course (Gathering of the Goblets Grabbers for example) or we can decide that our acronym just ridicules what those terrorists have done: we can claim their fucking acronym and turn it into an sign of joy laughter and booze instead of the grimm ghost of ugly past acts of stupid violence. Let the members of this board decide.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Let it be known that we don't negotiate with or even drink with terrorists. I have no problem with the name changing. After all, now matter how much I liked the CCC name, it's only a name in the end. We assembled to drink, and that was it.

Will I miss the name? Slightly. Will the Conclave live on? Definitely.

Besides, the MDEC owes us three years of (back-dated) recognition. The winners write history, and we are the winners.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Yeah, I quite like just "The Conclave" too. Gone too far down this road now to change completely! Then little Mini-Conclaves can occur as just a couple of us meet up now and then...

On that subject, I do intend to head to Bordeaux in the spring so looking forward to that!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

tomodon wrote:Yeah, I quite like just "The Conclave" too. Gone too far down this road now to change completely! Then little Mini-Conclaves can occur as just a couple of us meet up now and then...

On that subject, I do intend to head to Bordeaux in the spring so looking forward to that!
Whenever you're ready, you just tell me.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

we do not drink with terrorists. i like that.

also, i have a nice job, now, so can consider invading the Continent. for the Conclave. of Cunts. or something.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Wingman wrote:we do not drink with terrorists. i like that.

also, i have a nice job, now, so can consider invading the Continent. for the Conclave. of Cunts. or something.
We'd be glad to drink wif ya! Perhaps we can all visit Russia. They have vodka, I hear.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

I just had a flashback of Stigg declaring: "I must make sure to come back later and make love to this bar in the dark". It made me giggle.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Yes, I'm sorry guys that I didn't point this out to you earlier, but I guess I was a) in awe with what you achieving, and b) in general too drunk to make the terrorist comment. And, not that I have voting rights or something, but I think that 'the Conclave' sounds really good. Con Clave, with the door locked by key until all booze has been drunk and general wisdom has been created. It has something mysterious, and when I see the pictures with the booze and the beautiful girls, I see everything coming together.