We're Number BLEAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

We're Number BLEAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!

Post by coqui_chris »

So here I am on Saturday, hanging drywall and insulation, chugging beers, watching my beloved Irish go 11-0 and undefeated at home. I go back to my parents house where the lady and the baby are staying in the wake of internal destruction to our house. In my infinite Pigshit Irish Cheapskate wisdom, I decided to heat up my half of a fried-seafood-combo from the deli that I'd ordered Thursday night.

Then we pack the baby up, bring him to our close friend, and have a night out at the local. We're living the High Life, literally and figuratively. Chip Kelly's Arena Football team crumbles to the first NCAA Division 1 Defense its faced. Optimus Klein and Kansas State are bushwacked by Baylor.

But I keep getting the hiccups. Two lemon slices doused in tabasco and an upside-down cup of water didn't do it. Now I"m sick to my stomach. We had to make an escape from the bar.

So we're walking down West Chester Pike and suddenly I have to puke. I lean over the pavement and start to boot directly into a sewer. There I am, month shy of 30, grey hair, father, Rudy jacket on, puking into the sewer.

And then you have it. A group of kids out partying on the golf course is coming up to make their trek home, bedecked in the Delco Uniform of Fighting Irish Gear, and they see my jacket. I'd just come upright from a heave and was clearing my throat.

"Hey, the Fighting Irish! We're Number 1, man!"

I hold up a finger, both to single the Number 1 but also more importantly to implore them Just a second. And then I start to heave into the sewer again.

"Go Irish!" I shout. "Good job walking home; don't drink and drive!" I shout, and I puke some more.

And but of course ... the Old Lady had told me not to re-heat that fish. But hey, it made for a great story, right?
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: We're Number BLEAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Sounds about right.
I'll miss you, pallie.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Sometimes you gotta play hurt, c_c.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

There are many awesome parts to this story, but my favorite is the "Rudy Jacket". You couldn't script that kinda action.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Great story man. Food poisoning, normallt hard liquor will help, but you have start imbibing immediately after eating the suspect food. I got this advice from my doctor. When in doubt, chug liquor.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Anyways, I love football also, we have something called ESPN America on cable, and they broadcast every saturday, starting with College Gameday and afterwards four to five college games, and on sunday they broadcast about three NFL games every week. And of course, they cover monday night football, but this starts when I'm already sleeping, I mean: european time.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Surreal wrote:There are many awesome parts to this story, but my favorite is the "Rudy Jacket". You couldn't script that kinda action.
Sometimes people buy me a beer so I'll let them take a picture wearing my jacket for their facebook

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

BBoozer wrote:Anyways, I love football also, we have something called ESPN America on cable, and they broadcast every saturday, starting with College Gameday and afterwards four to five college games, and on sunday they broadcast about three NFL games every week. And of course, they cover monday night football, but this starts when I'm already sleeping, I mean: european time.
Don't watch it this week, the Eagles are absolute garbage! Fire Andy!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

coqui_chris wrote:Don't watch it this week, the Eagles are absolute garbage! Fire Andy!
Dead coach walking.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

The line is moving down, I got it at -5.5, this is not a good sign,
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

whiskeyprick wrote:The line is moving down, I got it at -5.5, this is not a good sign,
MNF? Or ND vs. USC?

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Got ND -4.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

coqui_chris wrote:So here I am on Saturday, hanging drywall and insulation, chugging beers, watching my beloved Irish go 11-0 and undefeated at home...
You're probably watching the game against SC right now. Looks like a dogfight so far... Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Lush City wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:So here I am on Saturday, hanging drywall and insulation, chugging beers, watching my beloved Irish go 11-0 and undefeated at home...
You're probably watching the game against SC right now. Looks like a dogfight so far... Cheers!
Am I ever!

This is how we like 'em this year! HERE COME THE IRISH!