Are some of you living with semi-dries? (or dries)

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Are some of you living with semi-dries?

Post by peetie44 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I'm semi-dressed and semi-coherant.
And completely irrelevant to anyone's concept of semi-dry.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Wingman wrote:
BBoozer wrote: these mexican restaurants where no alcohol was served at all.
man, i knew cali was fucked up, but i had no idea it went so deep....
Yeah, as crazy as that sounds, there are some mexican food establisments that serve no alcohol.

as far as the girl, shes hot, 14 years younger etc... get on an enjoy the ride. If it works, great; if it dosnt, it was a good time. Just dont forget who you are, or give up your booze for her. once you give something up, she continue to make you give things up until she controls you like a puppet. stay yourself and enjoy the ride.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Miklo wrote:
Wingman wrote:
BBoozer wrote: these mexican restaurants where no alcohol was served at all.
man, i knew cali was fucked up, but i had no idea it went so deep....
Yeah, as crazy as that sounds, there are some mexican food establisments that serve no alcohol.

as far as the girl, shes hot, 14 years younger etc... get on an enjoy the ride. If it works, great; if it dosnt, it was a good time. Just dont forget who you are, or give up your booze for her. once you give something up, she continue to make you give things up until she controls you like a puppet. stay yourself and enjoy the ride.
Well, she's actually considering drinking on a more regular basis and she's told me yesterday that she wouldn't mind my drinking at all. All this is so perfect that there must be a catch. Maybe she's an alien or something?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Who here's married to a non-drinker?

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm still trying to get to know everyone here, but a few people seem to have spouses that are also a part of the drinking community. Is anyone unfortunately coupled with a non-drinking straggler on the road to personal discovery? While I come from a long line of drinkers, the lovely wife sadly prefers the cold, color-blind sadness of undrunkenness...and cheese. She loves cheese.

And me. ... For some reason.

Whatever the case, we recently had a talk where I had to explain to her that, in no uncertain terms would I ever NOT drink. It's not in my nature; dare say, not in my DNA. She shrugged and let it go. However, I'm sure once she wins the lotto, I'll come home to an empty house and a fire pit full of my still smoking, urine-soaked clothing.

Any tips on how to navigate this nonsense?
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Who here's married to a non-drinker?

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Since my college days I have NEVER been with a chick who doesn't drink. Most of the time I look for women who can keep up with my drinking and not become a vomit zombie or a dramatard. There are few.
Sorry I'm no help.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

How does she deal with your stumbling drunkeness? Just curious

I had a friend that was with a semi drinking woman and he snored like hell and pissed himself when drunk. She forced him out the bed on weekends. He ruined the couch with piss though
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I dated a vegetarian for five years. That was hellish. But she drank like a skid row whore so it all sort of balanced out.

I suppose the important thing isn't whether or not your wife drinks, but whether or not she is tolerant toward your drinking. Should any problems arise, at least you know you can always bribe her with cheese.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:09 am
How does she deal with your stumbling drunkeness? Just curious

I had a friend that was with a semi drinking woman and he snored like hell and pissed himself when drunk. She forced him out the bed on weekends. He ruined the couch with piss though
Hey, I'm a professional. I have yet to piss on anything of importance. ... yet.

Recently, after a night out where the owner of my favorite bar continued to buy me shots due to our shared love of pro-wrestling, my wife found me unconscious in our basement, dressed only in the suit God made me. This led to a few days of fear and loathing on her part, until I calmly explained that every champion worth his salt has at least one loss on his record, and this was mine.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am
I dated a vegetarian for five years. That was hellish. But she drank like a skid row whore so it all sort of balanced out.

I suppose the important thing isn't whether or not your wife drinks, but whether or not she is tolerant toward your drinking. Should any problems arise, at least you know you can always bribe her with cheese.
As oettinger mentioned, one of her big things was my snoring. But recently I lost 23 lbs. and don't do that so much anymore. So she's moreso impressed by that alone, lol.

I'm actually pretty lucky to have the wife I do, hahaha.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:44 pm
Since my college days I have NEVER been with a chick who doesn't drink. Most of the time I look for women who can keep up with my drinking and not become a vomit zombie or a dramatard. There are few.
Sorry I'm no help.
Most definitely. I prefer to be with a drunkard because they understand and are accepting of my drinking.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

100% agreed. Acceptance is key. As previously stated, ^ ^ ^ I prefer to be with a drunkard but as long as undrunkards are understanding of my drinking, then I imagine it would be fine. Haven't really been involved with many undrunkards, really. I also prefer to be with a drunakrd because drinking together is fun. We look for things in common with a partner and for me, drinking is a favorite pastime so why not find a drinking buddy for life?
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yeah really what do undrunks do during their weekends? Nothing? Sit there and catch dust?
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm
She loves cheese.

Any tips on how to navigate this nonsense?
Any time you want to make up for an unfortunate drunkard incident, order her a Swiss Colony cheese basket. I think it would win anyone over... ESPECIALLY cheese lovers.
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I'm married to my whiskey. So, no problem. It understands me better than any woman could.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 am
I'm married to my whiskey. So, no problem. It understands me better than any woman could.
Build yourself a she-bot that dispenses Kentucky Deeluxe from her nipples.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ