Denver bound from downunder.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

Rumbullion
Tippler
Tippler

Denver bound from downunder.

Post by Rumbullion »

G'day guys and dolls, Rumbullion here, hailing from the world's most liveable city;
113'F one day, 50'F the next.
113'F one day, 50'F the next.
melblogo.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Home to some of the world's best cocktail bars and clubs, the Melbourne cup-the race that stops a nation, and the Australian Open.

I will be spinning through Denver sometime in late Feb for a few weeks. You see, my pops is not very well so I'm calling in from Australia to do my duty and give my liver a good workout.
I have been to Denver once in 2002, I think, and had a ball. However, this time it's gonna be cold and I'm gonna need to keep warm, I ain't seen snow in 10 years!!!!
I have also been a long time reader and subscriber to The Modern Drunkard so I have an idea about the Hepatitis Oath.

Here's the rub;

I would love to catch up with some of the other members here for a good day of diving, boozing, jokery, pub crawling, chicken winging(only to enable more drinking) whilst in town.
I reckon I'll be based around Corona,Downing and Colfax.

Just as well this isn't a job application because there are more I's than the Mississippi!

Yup, that's about it. Looking to get trashed on good rum, brews, gin, engage in some intelligent conversation and exchange knowledge.
Oh, I should mention that I am originally Irish and know a thing or two about holding my own at the bar, even at a mile high.

Drop me a line if you are interested or have any suggestions for appropriate drinking spots or even if there is a festival/event on that might just lead to Hunter S Thompson and Hemminwayesque escapades.

And in the tradition of our literary imbibers I would also like to write an article about my experiences with the Denver branch so that our brethren in distant lands may be enlightened and educated in the fine arts of Alchemical Alcoholic Denaturing.

Waiting for the good news.
Rumbullion
Last edited by Rumbullion on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Denver bound from downunder.

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Welcome aboard.

See you in Denver for DenverDiveDrunkardCon.2013. Happening sometime in August, I believe.

Post drunk.
Post often.
Post often drunk.

And since 'new guy buys', I'll have a stiff vodka and tonic, please.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Have a good 'un. Join the Mile High Club. I'll have a pint o' porter...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

hello, I'll have a white russian please
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

welcome to paradise. new guys buys, as has been mentioned. i'll have a xxxx, and cheers!

melbourne. good town. i like adelaide, though. more like where i live.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

Good to see another Melbourne drunk

Manhattan for me thanks

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

An Irish Aussie? Then I'll have a glass of Paddy and a pint of Foster's, please. I was in "Melbun" back in '96 and again in @'02, playing piano with The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Welcome, mate!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be