Budweiser Black Crown

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Budweiser Black Crown

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Saw a commercial for this last night during the "big game." They actually did a soft rollout here in Tampa last weekend for Gasparilla (fake pirate mardi gras). The missus and I picked up a case to try out, figuring that if it sucked we could palm it off on our drunken guests. Same thing happened last year with Bud Light Platinum.

Verdict: It's fine. They make it with a small amount of caramel malt, so it's a touch sweeter with a touch higher ABV than regular Bud, but definitely not worth whatever premium price they'll end up putting on it. If you like Bud, you'll probably like this, but not enough to switch.

Also, despite being called "Black Crown" the brew is pale as piss. You are thus warned.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Budweiser Black Crown

Post by Frankennietzsche »

The Federales are going to Ma-Bell ABInBev's ass.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

frankennietzsche wrote:The Federales are going to Ma-Bell ABInBev's ass.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

I will stick by my high life.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson