Drinking is the war against death

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Drinking is the war against death

Post by Modern Drunkard »

And isn't that true? This moment, loaded as we are, we feel this goddamn place and time. Right now, I certainly feel alive. Unlike the usual grey moments, that pass away without thought those ritual steps toward the prison of death. When do we feel most alive then now?. It stops time, at least slows it, it makes you examine the moment and say yas, I am fucking drunk,I am here and I am right now. Booze colors the moment.

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Drinking is the war against death

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Fuck, I'll put my medical license up with you. All or nothing. Better than Vegas stakes, we have facts!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I will kill animals for reasons. Fuck animals
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Oggar wrote:I will kill animals for reasons. Fuck animals
I will eat the ones that you don't fuck...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

I drink for many reasons. Celebration, camaraderie, sorrow, chemical dependence, all of these are good reasons to get wasted. Tonight however, I pick yours. Lets do this.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

It is true, but it's funny. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was Bukowski who spoke about the drinker dying every night, with each morning being a rebirth. So, for us drunkards, death is a near-nightly sensation. Or, if it's not death, it's perhaps only a multitude of rehearsals.

What you've said, FKR, about feeling, is absolutely true. I cannot give enough thanks to those who felt inspired to form the CCC (or, as it is now, The Conclave), for we have felt and hollered and drank in various countries, and this, to me, is the highest state of consciousness I desire.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Shane's Dentist wrote:It is true, but it's funny. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was Bukowski who spoke about the drinker dying every night, with each morning being a rebirth. So, for us drunkards, death is a near-nightly sensation. Or, if it's not death, it's perhaps only a multitude of rehearsals.

What you've said, FKR, about feeling, is absolutely true. I cannot give enough thanks to those who felt inspired to form the CCC (or, as it is now, The Conclave), for we have felt and hollered and drank in various countries, and this, to me, is the highest state of consciousness I desire.

Dude.

I mean,

Eloquent with a good buzz, like all the solid writers.

Keep it up, good man
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Duluoz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Duluoz »

"Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now."
—Charles Bukowski. London Magazine, December 1974-January 1975
"My witness is the empty sky."

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Whereas death is inevitable, drinking is hitting the defiant pause button on life, and saying that for the moment noting exists beyond what's next after this glass.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Duluoz wrote:"Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now."
—Charles Bukowski. London Magazine, December 1974-January 1975
That is it.

Barca

Post by Barca »

For a moment, for a succession of precarious moments, when I drink, when I'm drunk, I'm not the precious, terrified tool of other people's machinations that I am all day every day. For a few moments, no matter what Congress, the Networks, or anyone's army does, I am entirely in charge of life. All that matters is how much joy i throw into my mouth and how much I swear by its relevance. Assholes say a gun is life's great equalizer, but, long before you get there booze makes us the same confused needy, happy motherfucker.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Barca wrote:For a moment, for a succession of precarious moments, when I drink, when I'm drunk, I'm not the precious, terrified tool of other people's machinations that I am all day every day. For a few moments, no matter what Congress, the Networks, or anyone's army does, I am entirely in charge of life. All that matters is how much joy i throw into my mouth and how much I swear by its relevance. Assholes say a gun is life's great equalizer, but, long before you get there booze makes us the same confused needy, happy motherfucker.
Yes yes and yes. Booze is the liberator of the mind.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

somebody's liicense has been revoked.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

spelling is hard
like tears in rain

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

tdcwillies wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:It is true, but it's funny. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was Bukowski who spoke about the drinker dying every night, with each morning being a rebirth. So, for us drunkards, death is a near-nightly sensation. Or, if it's not death, it's perhaps only a multitude of rehearsals.

Dude.

I mean,

Eloquent with a good buzz, like all the solid writers.

Keep it up, good man
Haha! Flattering once again, friend. Any eloquence I possess is most likely borrowed from others - and beer.

Cheesy thing to say, but a lot of posters on this board have a terrific writing style...and I'm basing this solely on drunken posts. It's a great thing, this forum. There's a magazine too, apparently!