Goddamn Bakersfield...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Goddamn Bakersfield...

Post by Judge »

Spent first half of this momentous day driving from Santa Rosa to San Francisco and back (65 miles each way) then from Santa Rosa to Bakersfield (about 5 1/2 hours). It's 10:41, I'm undrunk as a judge. The hotel is less than I expected, the floor is tilted, the place smells funny, no elevator, the bar is the http://www.bullshedbarandgrill.comfull of 20 somethings well into their cups (Bakersfield 20 somethings), so the 4x4's are doing donuts in the back parking lot (my room backs up to the 99). I may have seen a roach but don't tell the wife, I'm bushed.

After passing a hundred DelTacos, Arbys, LOWES, etc...we finally found a place to buy booze.

In our room, passing on the bar scene tonight due to not wanting to deal with a place that advertises "TJD on tap" (???) I plan on working my self into a watered down AnheiserBush coma and getting up and going to the funeral.

Hope you all have been having a great time.

Happy Anniversary Frank!
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: Goddamn Bakersfield...

Post by steved2112 »

Judge wrote:Spent first half of this momentous day driving from Santa Rosa to San Francisco and back (65 miles each way) then from Santa Rosa to Bakersfield (about 5 1/2 hours). It's 10:41, I'm undrunk as a judge. The hotel is less than I expected, the floor is tilted, the place smells funny, no elevator, the bar is the bullshedbarandgrill.com full of 20 somethings well into their cups (Bakersfield 20 somethings), so the 4x4's are doing donuts in the back parking lot (my room backs up to the 99). I may have seen a roach but don't tell the wife, I'm bushed.

After passing a hundred DelTacos, Arbys, LOWES, etc...we finally found a place to buy booze.

In our room, passing on the bar scene tonight due to not wanting to deal with a place that advertises "TJD on tap" (???) I plan on working my self into a watered down AnheiserBush coma and getting up and going to the funeral.

Happy Anniversary Frank!
Lead on, Judge. Lead on.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Barca

Post by Barca »

I hope this ends with some Dwight Yoakam/ Buck Owens.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

theres a place in MN just like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlI7vaxBm9o
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Barca wrote:I hope this ends with some Dwight Yoakam/ Buck Owens.
Yeah, the Crystal Palace is just down the road from here, Buck is dead too.

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

Judge

Post by Judge »

This dump is supposed to be haunted (according to one of the intertron reviews). For what I paid for this room I want to see some fucking ghosts. Lets see if I can drink enough to pull back the veil a bit.

CPE1704TKS

Barca

Post by Barca »

Judge wrote:
Barca wrote:I hope this ends with some Dwight Yoakam/ Buck Owens.
Yeah, the Crystal Palace is just down the road from here, Buck is dead too.
I miss you both.... in different ways.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Judge wrote:This dump is supposed to be haunted (according to one of the intertron reviews). For what I paid for this room I want to see some fucking ghosts. Lets see if I can drink enough to pull back the veil a bit.
making a phone call, i'm sure there are some blondes that would love to know this info.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Post by Modern Drunkard »

Happy birthday to me? Happy birthday to you, you magnificent bastard. It's you and Palinka the other stalwarts who kept this shit together. Slainche and whatever the fuck they say!

Judge

Post by Judge »

Yep, definitely a roach. And some kid puked on the stairs, looks like a pasta dish. He hit 5 stairs so I give it a 4.5

CPE1704TKS

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Hey everyone, it's Crystal. I saw a cockroach on the mini microwave. Not sure where it went, but I can't see it, so I am pretending it didn't happen. Still waiting on those ghosts.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

God Bless the working boy. I made him a cake, but the earwigs ate it.
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Judge wrote:This dump is supposed to be haunted... For what I paid for this room I want to see some fucking ghosts. Lets see if I can drink enough to pull back the veil a bit.
Fan-fucking-tastic MDM Quotable.

Without a proton pack as well.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Judge wrote:Spent first half of this momentous day driving from Santa Rosa to San Francisco and back (65 miles each way) then from Santa Rosa to Bakersfield (about 5 1/2 hours). It's 10:41, I'm undrunk as a judge. The hotel is less than I expected, the floor is tilted, the place smells funny, no elevator, the bar is the http://www.bullshedbarandgrill.comfull of 20 somethings well into their cups (Bakersfield 20 somethings), so the 4x4's are doing donuts in the back parking lot (my room backs up to the 99). I may have seen a roach but don't tell the wife, I'm bushed.

Happy Anniversary Frank!
The fucking horror!

Sounds like the Mexicali Blues, except all scrambled up and backwards.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34

Sorry to hear you're at a funeral, but roach motels always make for better stories.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.