Moonshine

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ScurvyDog
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: an open question about moonshine

Post by ScurvyDog »

Moonshine just means no taxes were paid on it. Hell everclear is just moonshine that has been taxed and regulated. Put that shit in a mason jar and whala you have shine.
The perfect combination of redneck and beach bum.

SourMash
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SourMash »

Folks around here raise hell if they don't get what they pay for. Semantics aside, proper shine should kick like a mule and leave you on your ass. Also, I'm back *evil grin*

deaddog
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by deaddog »

Oh yes moonshine my newest favourite beverage. True moonshine just means untaxed alcohol, but that is just a terminology not accepted by the masses. Moonshine by most people's definition is a high proof clear homemade liquor. Moonshine varies drastically by how it is distilled and what products are fermented. A pot still will produce somewhat of a low proof if you only run it threw once but run it threw a pot still three times and you will have a high proof with retained flavours depending on how the cuts are made, thus corn is used mostly with a pot still. On the other hand a reflux still will produce up to 90% alcohol or 180 proof on a single run depending how you run it. A reflux still produces a flavourless ethanol or vodka thus most reflux stills will use a simple sugar wash as the fermented product. Just thought I would chime in on this subject. time for a drink........
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin